cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Voice when roaming

Journeyman

No Google Voice when roaming

I am a new sprint customer and live in an area where I am roaming constantly.  When I try to use the "OK Google" feature, it recognizes my voice but then I get an error "Can't reach Google at the moment".  If I'm on Wi-Fi or in the sprint network, it works just fine.  Any suggestions? Very frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care

Re: No Google Voice when roaming

Hey jstauth, let's figure this out! Are you able to use any other applications? I'd like to review your coverage area, in order to do so, provide me your nearest cross streets and ZIP code.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

your data while roaming might not be the greatest..Google voice uses data. if its not the greatest of speeds or barely there GV wont work..which is why you are able to get it to work while connected to WIFI or the actual sprint network.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have great data when I'm roaming and can access any application, too. My nearest cross streets are Canterbury St. and 27th St. in zip code 67601.

Sprint Social Care

jstauth,

Hey! Thank you for the details. I will need to confirm that Google voice works with data while roaming so I can continue assisting you. I have sent this case for review and will reply back as soon as I have any updates.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming data is VERY slow. It will not be usable, it might be best to disable data roaming to stop you thinking that it will ever work.

Note, the original poster is not talking about google voice, they are just trying to use Google assistant, noty google voice.

GrandMaster

either way anything to do with Google will end up needing a data connection to pull off.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.