cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail after disabling Google Voice integration

Journeyman

I integrated my EVO 4G with Google Voice (converting my cell phone number into a Google Voice number).  Well now I am trying to disable that.  I disabled it on the Google Voice website which seemed easy enough.  I have even gotten a new number set up for my Google Voice account (not my Sprint Cell phone number).  However, I am now having 2 problems:

1) When some one calls my phone, it now NEVER goes to voicemail.  Not Google Voice, not Sprint Voicemail.  It just rings forever.

2) I would like to have my cell phone be one of the numbers that rings when my new, non-Sprint Google Voice number is called.  However, when I try to add it as a number, Google Voice is unable to call the cell phone number for verification.  It returns an error that it was unable to make contact with the cell phone.

So I am kind of stuck.  I have no voicemail of any kind and can't get a generic Google Voice number to forward to my Sprint cell phone.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

29 REPLIES
Master

To be able to give you an answer on this I would have to look at the account.  If you would send a private messaged to me with your phone number I will be happy to look into the matter for you.   It sounds as though your phone is not forwarding to a valid voicemail number 

Journeyman

I have the same issue as well.  How do I rectify the issue?  What's the voice mailbox number I need to forward my calls to now?

Wizard

Hello!

Usually in this case, its a matter of the voicemail system not reactivating, meaning there is no voicemail box yet.

I will private message you to get the account information to kick it back into place or see what else might be causing this issue for you.

Journeyman

Re: No voicemail after disabling Google Voice integration

Sprint tech said it was " green " on their end and my voicemail should be working...but it's not ( busy signal)

They changed my msid number and factory reset.  My number isn't being used by gv anymore

But this is googles problem...they haven't figured out how to remove our numbers once integrated.

Edited: Sorry,

My Echo phone will let me add content to the board, but I can't edit from my phone????  Weird.

Now I get double-text, and if I go to add a new contact on my phone I don't get an option to save that contact to the " phone "...just my gmail account...

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Wizard

If you don't mind, I would like to take a crack at this. If you are up for it, private message me your mobile number and I can check out the account and see if I can get voicemail back working for you.

Journeyman

After several hours of trying, (basically wiping out my account and re-setting it up), 14KNIGHT was able to get my voicemail working for me again, so I think that part can be resolved as JPSquared suggests.

However, I have since gotten a new Google Voice number (not my sprint number) but I am not able to simply add my Sprint number as one of the options for forwarding.  When GV goes to call the number so I can enter the verification code, it never rings my Sprint phone.  This almost certainly has to be a problem on Google's side, as goygacon suggests.  This makes GV pretty much useless for me.  I want to use it, but don't want my cell phone number to be the GV number (which is why I "un-integrated" it).  But it doesn't seem that it is truly "un-integrated" on Google's end.  I'd love for someone to figure this part out.

Journeyman

JPSquared....let me just put this on the board for everyone...

Not sure what you did....you didn't even call....but...

It's working....my voicemail.  Good looking out.

Thank You

Message was edited by: goygacon

Journeyman

I am having the same problem as listed above. If you wouldn't mind I would like it if you could take a look at my acount as well

Wizard

I am going to Private Message you to get some account information so I can fix this.

If anyone else needs help with this, please go ahead and also private message me your name and phone number as well. Please do not post your number to this thread, only in a message to myself or someone else with the Sprint logo under their number.

Thanks!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.