cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint disabled google voice

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint disabled google voice

On July 4 I got an email telling me google voice was disconnected by sprint.  Since then I have not been able to get it to work again.  I have taken it into the store 2x and spent several hours on phone support.  I cant get ANY voice mail from anywhere now and its a huge problem because in emergency services.  I have had googlr voice for years.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint disabled google voice

semantical,

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. Most of the times, when this type of inconvenience happens is because a plan change was made and the plan that was changed doesn't have the Google voice service because it comes with an international plan included. I can go ahead and take a look to your account and verify what has exactly occurred. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I got this email after I enabled wifi calling. Go into android settings and look for wifi calling and turn it on and then I clicked on one of the setup options I am not sure which one I did, but it disabled and removed it, then I could activate and integrate it with sprint on the google voice web site and it worked..

GrandMaster

Wifi Calling disabled GV..Sprint did not. if you are going to use WFC it is not compatible with GV and will disable it.

***The following features currently incompatible Wi-Fi Calling. When opting-in for the Wi-Fi Calling service, your phone will no longer be able to use the following features.***

• HD Voice
  • Voice Account Controls from Sprint.com (Call Blocking by specific numbers)
  • Select Abbreviated Dialing Codes (Short codes starting with * or #)
  • RingBack Tones
  • StarStar Me
  • Google Voice with your existing Sprint number <<<------
  • Integrated Office (IO) Business Service
  • Sprint Mobile integration (SMI) Business Service
  • Wireless Mobile Integration (WMI) Business Service
  • Sprint Direct Connect Now Application
  • Wireless Emergency Alerts (applies only for Legacy Android phones launched prior to 2016)
  • Wireless Priority Services (WPS)
  • Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS)
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Can I re-enable GVoice if I disable wifi calling?  How do I do that?

Can I toggle back and forth between using GVoice and using wifi calling, or am I stuck with just choosing one or ther other?

Journeyman

You have to do one or the other. after you removed wifi calling you will need to go to google voice and add your number again

GrandMaster

out of curiosity which device do you have?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did this ever leave off?  I'd like to start using GV again on my phone.  Does this interfere with calling plus now?  I have a Note 8.  Thanks.

Sprint Social Care

E_Ack,

Hi! Yes, the GV is not compatible with Wi-Fi calling or calling plus as well. If you are trying to activate Google voice, you will need to deactivate Wi-Fi calling or calling plus to have it working properly on your device.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.