cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint voicemail not working after removing Google Voice

Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint voicemail not working after removing Google Voice

cobra3591,

Hi! Let's take a closer look into this. I need to access your account, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Likewise, uninstalled the GV, and now even the default voicemail app does not work.

Sprint Social Care

Nickinwi,

Hi! Let's work together on getting this resolved. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Patron

Could use help with the same issue. I disabled/removed Google Voice. Now no voicemail from Sprint, just a busy signal if I call from my own phone, while others get a never ending ring.  

Sprint Social Care

Hello juxtapose!

I'll take a look at that for you. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you Kryshna, default voicemail now works.

Journeyman

Hello,

I'm having the same issue on my wife's phone. She deleted/unlinked Google Voice and gets a busy tone when trying to call VM, and callers cannot leave VMs for her. Can you help?

-P Dutra

Sprint Social Care

Hello pdutra19, I would be more than glad to assist you with this concern. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I would like to know if Google Voice integration is completely removed from my account. Although I deactivated via Google and the stock voicemail app is working, I continue to have issues with Wi-Fi calling via the Calling Plus feature. Callers complain (randomly) that they receive a "this number is not in service" message when calling my Sprint number. I am just trying to determine if this is a residual effect of Google Voice or a whole new issue. I also cannot make any outgoing Wi-Fi calls. The icon is shown in my notification bar, but as soon as the outbound call starts ringing, the icon disappears.

Sprint Social Care

Hello RMcCoy77! Thanks for contacting us.

Calling PLUS/Wi-Fi Calling and Google Voice both use WIN triggers. Only one WIN trigger is allowed. They cannot be active at the same time.

You mentioned that you already deactivated Google Voice Integration via Google and you're able to receive voice messages, however, you're unable to use the Calling Plus feature.

Please make sure you disable Google Voice on Sprint Number:

1. Go to Google Voice and log on with Google Account information.
  2. Click Settings icon.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. In Settings, click Disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone.
  5. At prompt, tap Yes, disable this phone.
  6. Google Voice is disabled on the Sprint Phone.
  7. You will be returned to the Google Voice settings page.

• Number still displayed and the link now is to enable.
  8. To permanently remove the phone, click Delete.

Please confirm if this helps.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have already completed these steps, but Wi-Fi calling remains an issue for me. Can I get some technical help with this?

Sprint Social Care

Hey RMcCoy77! I would love to continue to assist you with this concern. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.