cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get help for "Incompatible with Brand" error here!

Highlighted
Master

Get help for "Incompatible with Brand" error here!

More than likely you are seeing this because the devices ESN is not in Sprints database or for some reason usually due to long inactivity it has been removed. If this is the case then the ESN will need to be added into the system by an agent creating a "ticket". This process can take up to 3+ days to take care of depending on what info is left out etc.

This thread is being created to help get this taken care of and to hopefully consolidate requests to one single area. First and foremost the agents in here will need to verify if the device in question is compatible with Sprints network. You can do a pre check on your own to see if in fact your device will be compatible by going here https://community.sprint.com/t5/Account/Bring-Your-Own-Device-FAQs/ta-p/962647 . The provided link will also run you through some other goodies like questions/answers to some of the main things that are usually asked.

This link https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/bring-your-own-phone.html provides the info on which devices are able to be added to Sprints database. These are the confirmed devices. A newer device might be available to be added that is not on the list but this will need confirmation from the agents in here.

When attempting to add a device to the Sprint Database, a Sprint rep will need the following information from you;

• MEID
  • memory size (if available in more then 1 size)
  • MAC ID
  • Phone number swapping the device to (if you already have an existing acct)
  • account PIN

DO NOT SHARE THE ABOVE in a public thread, only share this information with a Sprint Rep via Private Message. For a list of Sprint Rep's, you can go to the following,

Link to Community agents

Pick a rep, click their username and look for the big yellow button that says "Send a Message" to initiate a Private Message.

Keep in mind if for some reason you end up getting a replacement device NOT from Sprint you will more than likely need to go through this process yet again to get the devices info into the database. EXAMPLE- You own a Nexus 5X and something goes amiss..you end up getting a replacement from Google..The new device is not in Sprints database so now it must be added in the same way the previous device was added..Wash rinse repeat Smiley Happy

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
1 REPLY
GrandMaster

Re: Get help for "Incompatible with Brand" error here!

BOOM!! diggin it.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!