cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is actually impossible to get a Google Pixel 2 SIM from Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is actually impossible to get a Google Pixel 2 SIM from Sprint

I have been with Sprint since 2011 and this might be the final straw.

I have now been in person to 3 separate Sprint stores to try to get a SIM card for a new Google Pixel 2. Each time they've told me they don't have one but to the next store. No one has offered to order one for me or told me what SIM I would actually need for the phone. The customer service agent I saw today simply said they don't have them at all. That was it. No further guidance for a Sprint customer, just a sorry better luck next time.

I have now called in to Sprint twice and am currently on hold. Both times the agent has tried to activate my phone and I have to continually explain I don't have a SIM card to physically put into the phone so no, they cannot activate it. I'm coming from a Samsung GS4, the SIM card does not fit.

While typing this I actually got transferred to a new agent and have now had to explain the situation again.

Is there a point in sticking with Sprint? Apparently if I bring a Google Pixel 2 and sign up I'll actually get a SIM card and as a bonus a $350 VISA gift card. But for a loyal Sprint customer I just get to talk to customer service agents all night and drive all over town.

Has anyone else been through this mess?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: It is actually impossible to get a Google Pixel 2 SIM from Sprint

Don't worry Sprint I went out to Best Buy and bought a Boost Mobile SIM kit for $10. Just another perk of being a loyal customer. Thanks for the prompt response to my message. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.