cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about selling a phone

Journeyman

Question about selling a phone

I have 3 phones and I still do 2 year contracts with all of them. I pay the subsadized price for the phone at the end of every 2 years...420 for the iPhone 7 plus. Say I want to get the new Galaxy s8, could I get the Galaxy on one of my lines (with an upgrade) swap it to my number and sell the iPhone 7 without any problem?

My understanding is that there is no ties to the phone...I am tied to the plan for 2 years and as long as I do not cancel the plan I will not have any ETFs and the phone can be sold or given to someone else outside of my plan...right????

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Question about selling a phone

clayter84, thank you so much for contacting us. Once you are eligible to upgrade, it means that your 2 years service agreement has expired. (Unless you have  the option to do an early upgrade) Therefore, once your contract has expired, you can sell the device to someone else.

Regarding swapping the new device to another line on the account, it can be done however, you need to have an equipment to activate on the other line(the one that you will upgrade) Because it is not possible to have a phone number without the a device associated to it.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this matter, please post them here and we will be happy to assist you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.