cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Everything Data Family 1500 plan vs Unlimited Data

Journeyman

Hi @seawolf , I'm on one of the very first unlimited plans, from around 2010 I think? It was a share plan unlimited everything, and I could have sworn hot spot was included in that plan. I never really needed it before, but, now am considering using it for some things.  I was shocked to see sprint trying to subscribe me when I went to activate it. I read your blog on the difference between older vs newer plans.  This might be a deal breaker for me considering I'm also a long term loyal customer of over 15 yrs. Looks lime I need to dig out my original paperwork on this subject.  I was wondering if you could point me at some documents like terms of service for the older plans,  also, my second line, or even to add a line is only $20 which disagrees with the Chart you posted on comparison. Which leads me to believe I have a slightly different older plan. I verified the add a line price today while online. So, that's still in effect. Thanks in advance for  your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

@jawdrop wrote:

Hi @seawolf , I'm on one of the very first unlimited plans, from around 2010 I think? It was a share plan unlimited everything, and I could have sworn hot spot was included in that plan. I never really needed it before, but, now am considering using it for some things.  I was shocked to see sprint trying to subscribe me when I went to activate it. I read your blog on the difference between older vs newer plans. 

There were some add-ons that were not part of the Everything Data Plan:

• Sprint Mobile Hotspot
  • International Services
  • Game/Movie downloads (not listed as Free on Play Store or iTunes)
  • 3rd Party applications
  • Sprint Direct Connect
  • Blackberry Enterprise Server access

If you're in need of this feature and not under a 2 yr agreement on your devices, you might think about switching as it is included in Unlimited Freedom for no extra cost.*

@jawdrop wrote:

I was wondering if you could point me at some documents like terms of service for the older plans,  also, my second line, or even to add a line is only $20 which disagrees with the Chart you posted on comparison. Which leads me to believe I have a slightly different older plan. I verified the add a line price today while online.

Terms of service is available here but does not break out specific plan features as you're requesting.  Because this plan is expired and can no longer be selected if you're not already subscribed, online documentation for it is limited.

My blog article makes the assumption that most of my readers and their family members have smartphones. To add a smartphone to an Everything Data plan will technically cost $29.99 ($19.99 for the line + $10 premium data, which is required for all smart phones).  However, you are correct that the base price for the additional line is $19.99.  If you have a feature phone (one that's not designed to browse the web, use social media or stream music and movies), you could still add it to your plan for this price.  Since very few of the phones we carry (or which can be activated on an account) are considered 'feature' instead of smartphones, I would caution you to verify before activation that the device you select is exempt from the add-on.  

*Any lines under 2 yr agreements are subject to a $25/line subsidized device fee on Unlimited Freedom plans

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Hi, and thanks,

I have a ton of free service add-ons, and the international calling is one of them I think. I will post a copy of what my account offered, but, I still think hot-spot was initially a free service for me, but, can't remember. There were many reasons to keep my plan, roaming being a big one. I'll post again later when I find my original Docs.
Community Manager

Since the blog article you're posting on is specifically in regards to customers comparing the two plans, and you are disputing what is and isn't included in your current plan, I have moved your posts to our Problem Solvers section.  

If you find documentation that supports what you believe you remember, a Social Care agent in this forum will be happy to look at it.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.