Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning leased phones to Sprint store

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Returning leased phones to Sprint store

I would be nice to be able to returned leased phones to a Sprint store, instead of having to ship them back.  Just mainly for piece of mind and speed.

I upgraded my phone at a Best Buy.  After I upgraded, they told me I would have to ship the phone back myself.  They gave me a shipping label and said I'd need to put it in a box and take it to a UPS location.  That's all fine.  

But for piece of mind (what if UPS loses it), I decided to see if I could just take it to a Sprint store.  I did an online chat with a Sprint representative and they said that yes, I could just return it to a store.  I take it to a Sprint store, and they told me that I have to ship it instead.

I would be nice if all your employees had consistent answers.  It would also be nice if I could return the phone to the store.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Returning leased phones to Sprint store

I appreciate the feedback @clbowens and will pass it along.  I can't promise that the policy will change, but we'll certainly take a look at it for consideration.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

I appreciate the feedback @clbowens and will pass it along.  I can't promise that the policy will change, but we'll certainly take a look at it for consideration.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't matter if you return your phone to the store or ship in the mailer - Sprint will not give you credit for it, even if you have receipt from the store (which says $0.00 CREDIT) and then a few months later you get a call from a collection agency for the phone that you took to the store AND got apparently a meaningless receipt for. That is what happened to me. For some inexplicable reason after I returned my phone (and switched carriers) I received a return mailer from Sprint. I enclosed a copy of my receipt for the phone I returned at the store. And now I'm fighting a collection agency. Sheesh. I might add that Sprint never ever even sent me a bill for the phone - just straight to collections. What's the point of even retuning the phone if you don't get credit for it and end up potentially having a black mark on your credit report. The same thing happened to a friend. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Saffy197, we would like to review your account and make this right. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.