cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to order phone online.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Unable to order phone online.

Was still hanging on to my S5, but it was dropped and the screen is blacked out. Unable to receive a verification number to complete checkout. So I'm told to call and order, they tell me I can only upgrade if I keep my current plan. $80 month Unlimited My Way, even though online there is no mention of this. What's the difference between that and the $65 plan that's being recommended to me when I check plans? Which I've also tried to switch to various times and get an error screen online.

Also says I can pick up at store same day but that option isn't available at checkout or by phone. Called a store and they said they can do the $299 with 2 year contract... but can't waive the $30 activation. This after another nearby Sprint store said to call that Sprint store because they couldn't do that price. 

Horrible site with errors. For some reason the $45 plan was in my cart and I was just comparing. My contract expired in April, already researching prices on other carriers. But would prefer to stick to Sprint if I get some straight answers.

1. Can I place an order online without verification and get store pick up? And why can't I do store pick up if I order via phone? It's says I can right on the home page and when I log in.

2, Why should I keep my current plan that's $80 if there's one that's exactly the same for $65. Unless there's some hidden features not listed on the compare page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Unable to order phone online.

Forgot to mention the new phone I tried purchasing is the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Journeyman

Good Luck!

We are having issues as well - see my diary - https://community.sprint.com/t5/Orders/Store-Pickup-for-Online-Order-Nightmare-Unable-to-complete/td...

"Same Day Pickup" should be renamed "Same Day Pickup if you can get an appointment" since they evidently have to activate the phone in store before you leave.

Realize you are without a phone, but if you are staying with Sprint, I'd opt for shipping / OTA activation.

I'm looking at other carriers as well.

Journeyman

I read your thread/diary before I posted. Still no reply from Sprint. Really need a phone ASAP. 

Never had to deal with their customer service until this current issue. The chat is always Jessica and it's mostly spam and "keep waiting" messages while you wait. Then when they finally get to you they just give you a number. Bit more helpful over the phone until the plan and shipping thing. 

Makes no sense unless there's a difference from my current $80 plan and the $65 plan. Everything looks the same when compared on their site. Plus the overall price of the phone and $65 plan comes out to a little less over the two years of the contract if I just get it with payments at Best Buy's current price. Even less if I was a new customer.

Another thing that just gets to me. Been with Sprint for a long time but new customers get better prices/deals. You'd think they would do the same for loyal customers so they don't become "new customers" elsewhere.

Journeyman

So, talked to another person via phone order and they said I can change my plan and get the phone at the offer price. But they couldn't proceed since I can't read the SMS message they need to send on my broken phone. Basically the same problem that I have trying to order online....

And still no reply from Sprint on here. 

Journeyman

Went back to the store where they said they can price match but can't waive the activation fee. Was told they can over the phone yesterday and earlier today in store. Same person wasn't there and someone else said they couldn't price match the site. They didn't even check. What's going on Sprint? 

Can I put my S5 sim card on a friend's Verizon S8 and get my text to complete checkout? 

Journeyman

Anyone have that secret number I keep reading about? Just spent over an hour with customer service with no resolution. They say that a walk-in store should honor that price and that I can call to waive the activation fee after. But when I call a store they say they can't match or that they don't have the phone I want. One said they can order it but start it as a lease then I'd pay the remaining balance of the online offer price when it comes in? I was also told that the online price will add fees to my monthly bill as opposed to getting the phone at the store. It's almost like Sprint doesn't want my money.

Sprint Social Care

Hello thundercracker. If you are receiving an offer to buy the device in a 2 year contract and at the same time you want to change your plan to the Unlimited Freedom $65, you need to keep in mind that this plan is not compatible with discounted phones and a $25 subsidized fee charge will be added to your monthly bill. In regards to your first question, the website will not allow you to continue the process without verifying your account, for that reason you will not allow you to get store pick up. The activation fee can only be waived if the phone is purchased in Sprint.com or Telesales and if is purchased via Lease or Installment Billing (available Channels). However, I would like to see what else we can do to have this resolved. I sent you a Private Message, please reply back when you can.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Still no phone. Starting to regret going through with purchase after all the bad CS. Phone was supposed to arrive Monday.

Journeyman

@thundercracker wrote:

Still no phone. Starting to regret going through with purchase after all the bad CS. Phone was supposed to arrive Monday.

Phone is here. Hopefully I can avoid CS like I have the past 11 years. Got to make it easier for existing customers to order. Can't get a verification pin on a broken phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.