cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong information provided by sprint.

Journeyman

Wrong information provided by sprint.

Hi

I was a customer with T-Mobile 3 lines of postpaid connections and no contract at all. Also we were using OnePlus 3, the latest unlocked device.

Background:

On September 9 2016 there was a promotional desk setup in Dell EMC office area for getting other service providers migrated to Sprint Service with BOGO offer and NO CONTRACT as the core promotion plan. There in I met Mr. Gerard Planas, Store Manager, Sprint Nexgen Wireless, 130 Cedar St, Milford, MA 01757.

He explained me that there is strictly NO CONTRACT and a BOGO offer on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge devices and plus you get 200$ gift card as referral. We updated him that we do not stay very long in USA and cannot have any contract, as we keep traveling to different continents and cannot have any contract type of plan with any service provider even if the phone is given for free but can only take postpaid connections and stop it whenever required. He explicitly stated that there is NO CONTRACT of any kind, it’s a clear BOGO offer with NO CONTRACT. HE explained further that you have to pay 31.25$ every month for 1 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the other one comes for free. It was explained that you have to stay with Sprint connection for at least 60 day to pay off balance amount i.e. 750- (31.25*2) and then you get the phone unlocked and own both phones and can discontinue one or all lines as needed. This discussion happened for 1 hours to clarify all doubts where in it was never a word of any contract.

Also when we asked for International calling plan it was updated that 15$ for all lines. We said we need have line of T-mobile and Mr. Gerard Planas said for 3 lines it will be 45$ per month plan and 15$ for international calling for all lines. With BOGO for 4 lines you have to pay 5$ extra i.e. 50$ monthly.

Further He said that the BOGO offer and NO CONTRACT is because usually service providers pay benefit(100’s of $) to get customer migrated but here Sprint is not paying anything so its pure BOGO offer and NO CONTRACT.

On September 12 2016 my friend Dinesh Vishvakarma went to Sprint Nexgen Wireless to understand and clarify the same thing again and the above was explained again to him “BOGO offer and NO CONTRACT” at the store by Mr. Gerard Planas.

On September 13 2016 I went to Sprint Nexgen Wireless had the same discussion again and also Mr. Gerard Planas showed at the paper saying NO CONTRACT, To start off the migration from T-mobile I explained that we need 3 lines and 3 phones only as I have 3 lines from T-mobile. Mr. Gerard Planas (refer as HE thereafter) explained that for 2 lines you can get BOGO and but 3rd line you will have to pay full amount. As this did not make sense, he said you can add 1 more line that will cost you 5$ extra and you can use that like for few months and then discontinue it, you will be revered back to 45$ plan and you get the phone for free.

After understanding all this from him I took 4 lines for 50$ per month with BOGO offer that is 1 free Samsung between 2 lines. I got my 3 lines migrated from T-mobile to Sprint plus a lines added, got 4 phones (BOGO) after a wait for 2 hours as the 4th phone was not available and had to brought from another store. Paid tax for 4 phones 187.5 as he said that phone is free but you have to pay tax. The issue happened was with international calling, he called someone to confirm that 15$ was for each line and not for all lines. But he stated that we will compensate for that by giving 125$ for 6 month as a promotion from his side will continue till 2 year i.e. I will get 500$ in 2 years. Went home happily with 4 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge devices. Later sold off all my OnePlus 3 with a loss of 100$ on each phone.

For more clarification on tax I had to pay, unlocking the phone and when can I discontinue 1 lines I had a chat with Sprint online. Will put a brief of it down:

+++++++
You: HI
You: I have taken 4 lines
You: BOGO offer S7 Edge
Liz: What questions can I answer for you?
You: I have taken 50$ plan for 4 lines with 2 phones 31.25
You: that is 50$ + 31.25 + 31.25
You: now if i want to stop 1 lines
You: is that allowed
You: will my monthly bill change
You: ?
9/13/2016
8/10
Liz: You can suspend the line for few months.
You: means ?
You: for how many months
You: cant i discontinue it completely
You: ?
Liz: May I ask if you asked for the option at store as online it is not possible?
You: no
You: i did not
You: i forgot
You: can you guide me on that
You: but before unlock i have to pay in full tight ??
9/13/2016
9/10
You: right ??
Liz: Yes, you are absolutely correct you must own the phone.
You: ok
You: after 60 days
You: when uts paid
You: its paid
You: and then i want stop 1 account
You: will my monthly bill change
Liz: Yes, then you can stop it.
You: 1 account stopped
You: ill my monthly bill change
Liz: Yes, you are absolutely correct.
You: what will be my monthly bill
You: now its 50$ for 4 account
You: what will it be for 3 account
Liz: Let me check that for you.
Liz: For three lines your monthly cost on the data plan would be $45/month.
9/13/2016
10/10
You: ook
You: thats all
+++++++

Issus:

I decided that I will pay off the phone amount so that I don’t have my credit card heavily billed at the end when I have to leave and will have some time to pay my credit card bills.
I spoke to Mr. Gerard Planas on the phone about this, we said come to the store and will get this done for you.
On December 16 2016, I went to the Sprint Nexgen Wireless store. Mr. Gerard Planas was not there, we called him he said one of my representative will take care. When we spoke to the representative he said we can pay off but you will still get credit for 2 lines, I did not understand that, further discussion about getting the line discontinued he said can’t discontinue any lines as they are in contract for 24 months. I was shocked. I told him the whole conversation of September, to which he said then you need to talk to Mr. Gerard Planas. Then Mr. Gerard Planas arrived. HE spoke to him about this, he agreed that there is NO CONTRACT. He called the Sprint helpline to check more on it on how to pay off and all. After multiple calls he said it seems to be a contract. I asked him about this details he gave me in September in DELL EMC office. He did agree with it that Sprint also mentions that NO CONTRACT but now this also looks to him line a contract. He said Sprint helpline is telling that to discontinue is have to pay even for free phones. I told him that how that make BOGO and NO CONTRACT. I explained we got the phone for 800$ approx. that too locked, at that time same unlocked phone was 600$ on Amazon. I paid 200$ more as I was getting 1 phone free and I was migrating to Sprint that is a Sprint benefit and there was no other benefit given part from a free phone. So I thought for that reason (migrating to Sprint that is a Sprint benefit) I am getting 1 phone free. I felt cheated. I also explained that I was here today to pay off the balance amount for the phone and get it unlocked. I looked at that paper which I signed on the heading it says “NO CONTRACT”. He said he will talk to a higher authorities in SPRINT on this and resolve this issue.

Request:
I am requesting Sprint to keep its word of NO CONTRACT and BOGO offer and what I was explained and as the paper which we signed on the heading it says “NO CONTRACT. I would pay for 2 phones as stated and will need to discontinue lines whenever needed and should not be billed further. Please look into this further, Also i will be making a formal complaint to DELL EMC office regarding sprint giving false information so no other folks get affected.

Please look into this ASAP.

12 REPLIES 12
Sprint Social Care

Re: Wrong information provided by sprint.

Good morning ac_gc4.

We definitely understand your frustration. Know that here at Sprint our duty is to provide excellent customer service and to fulfill our customers expectations and satisfaction. Reading this is not the case, we are really concern. Allow us to review your account. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes also very misinformed and misled - false advertising and fraudulent charges added with out consent. *** INCLUDING UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT*** what this statement did NOT include was *plus 20$ to receive this per line!!!
Journeyman

Hi,

I have a similar issue and it is as recent as last week (24-Sep-17) at the Great mall sprint kiosk. There is an associate manager called "Diego" who sold me the plan with giving false information.

1. Issue 1 - He gave me a BOGO offer for iphone 7 and didn't inform me that at the end of 18 months i have to pay around $137 for each iPhone.

2. Issue 2 - He also gave me another 3 phones Moto e4 plus told me these come free with buying this plan so i got 3 moto phones. However even these were leased and i have to pay $60 each for the moto phones after 18 months. Ideally when it is a lease agreement, the salesman should always show us the buy option after the lease completes like how we a take a car on lease. Here none of these were shown to us.

3. Issue 3 - Told us international calling is $15 for the entire account (i.e. for all 5 lines). I called up customer care the very next day and they informed it is $15 per line. I checked the sprint website and even there i could see $15 per line. So now if i have to take internaltional calling i have to pay $175 for 5 lines per month (thats a huge jump). This was one of the main reason i bought this as i confirmed with Diego 3 times before getting in the plan. I visited the store yesterday (01-Oct-17). a junior sales associate talks to me saying the associate manager didn't know about it and we are sorry about it. I said i don't want the play because it is under 14 day return thats when i came to know there is a $35 re stocking fee phone so i have 5 phones - i will have to pay $35 * 5 ($175) to cancel the plan and already paid activation of $30. So i will be at a loss of $200 for doing nothing wrong except for trusting a salesman. This guys Dieo being an associate manager didn't have the guts or shame to even speak to me, he asked his junior employees to talk to me this Sunday (01-Oct-17) and the same guy spent 2 hrs. convincing me to buy the phone the previous Sunday (24-Sep-17). Coward !!!

4. Issue 4 - I got a bill of $158 for the first month. I was shocked as the plan was for $90 + tax. So i assumed it would be $90+$10 (tax)+$22.92 (for iphone) = $123 (a month). The hike came because there was no auto pay on my account (which reduces $25 for 5 lines $5 each line). the rest of the $13 is the surcharge which sprint charges. I was told that there are only government taxes and there was no mention of surcharge of $13. So that how the BOGO offer works.

Now I need to return the phone and lines as i still have 6 days for retrun without paying the restockign fee of $175. I'm ok to pay pay the restocking fee if it is my mistake or i didn't liek the service but here someone has fooled us and i don't want to pay a price for his wrong doing. I want Diego to pay this $175 to sprint, that s how they will learn a lesson to not cheat customers and be transparent and not hide these details while selling.

Sprint Social Care

Hello sachinrohra. Here at Sprint we value our customers and their expectation. To read that this was not the case with Diego, really surprised us. Let us look into this issue for you. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I keep getting incorrect information from Sprint employees as well.  Two times in a row I was lied too about upgrade programs.  I don’t know what has happened to Sprint customer service - they used to be so good.  I’ve been a loyal customer for at least 10 years and due to their bad customer service and lack of correct information, I am checking into other carriers.  It seems like they just tell you what you want to hear and then you  get the bill and it is the complete opposite then what they told you.  So tired of this.....

Sprint Social Care

Hello Julie2763, I'd like to help you resolve any issue that you might be facing. Would you please elaborate more details of your situation?

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well it’s a very long story, but I’ll try to shorten up some. I received an email with my phone number that offered me an upgrade deal where I could get the iPhone 8 through Sprint or Apple and get $100 credit on my bill within two months. I never receive that credit, so I called them and they told me that deal wasn’t for me. Even though I have the email with this phone number on it saying this deal was for me.

The next issue was when I wanted to buy my son a phone while he was in town. He lives in France and I explained to three different representatives that I wanted to do the special deal they had on the phone where I could lease it and upgrade to an iPhone 8 Plus and then when I received it they said I could call and have it unlocked.   I was on the phone wit’s them for one and a half hours ordering that phone.  The first call to them was disconnected right before we got to the final OK so I had to call back and go over it all again.   Even though the representative said she would call me back if we got disconnected. She never did.  So when I got the phone, I called to get it unlocked and they told me that you can’t unlock at leased phone.  I wish one of the other three people that told me I could wouldn’t of misinformed me about that.

And then whenever you call Sprint, the people answering the phone are constantly repeating the same thing over and over again and each time they put you on hold they come back and repeat it again.  

I am a long-time customer was Sprint, but I am going to be switching to another company because of the bad bad bad customer service I am receiving.

Journeyman

I also forgot to mention that I had an online chat with one of your customer service representatives and they also told me I could get this leased phone and have it unlocked. I have the entire conversation printed out, but that does me no good.

GrandMaster

i believe it must be on the account for a certain amount of time before it can be unlocked internationally. have you been in contact with the international department yet?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, I have been in contact with the international department, both before and after the phone purchase. Sprint international is ok to use in France but if you are living there, you need to get a French sim in order for the phone to be more reliable and for other people in France to get in contact with you without international charges. They are not able to help me with the problem because you can not unlock a leased phone.....I’m just upset that I talked to three other Sprint representatives and an online chat rep before I even ordered it and they all said it would work, which it did not. I’m tired of misinformation and I’m tired of emailed promos that are actually lies (in my case).
GrandMaster

im picking up what you are putting down now. i was going to post a link to OpenWorld but i dont think that would be much help either for your scenario.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.