cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reception Issues

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reception Issues

I switced over from Verizon for the unlimited data and have been regretting it since day 1. I have the most up to date software, have reset network settings and updated service several times. My phone almost never rings when people call, I will get voicemails hours and days later with the phone itself never ringing. To top it off, you cant use data while one a phone call which you can do with every other network. Seems like I need to remove the static IP, I called to do that but the lady at tech support had no idea what I was talking about, can someone here help me before I switch back to Verizon?

Journeyman

Since my last post I have visited a Sprint company store across the street from Macys in NYC. The head techie at this location checked out the iphone and said it was an Apple issue and that there was nothing wrong with Sprint's network in NYC. I am not going to say I was surprised by his response. lol

He instructed me to go to Apple and have them check out the iphone. I went to my neighborhood Apple store on Sunday and they checked the phone and said that it was perfectly fine. The Genius Bar rep even convinced me to do a fresh install of iOS 10.2 and then restore my apps, etc from icloud. As of today I a still having the same LTE connection issue and there is no doubt in my mind it is being caused by Sprint.

Frankly I find this totally unacceptable and Sprint needs to find a fix for our issue!!!

Highlighted
Master

Hi daved0886 & Fabricguy1, we understand that having a reliable connection its extremely important, we want you to enjoy great service at all times, allow us to look into this further.

Does the issue happen in one or multiple locations?       

How long has the issue been happening?      

Is the issue impacting anyone else around you?       

Please post some of the nearest cross streets and ZIP code of the locations where both of you have experienced network issues in the past.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I've noticed low signal strength on an iPhone 7. I'm only getting 2 out 5 bars. I was getting 1 out 5, but I updated the Roaming List and rebooted my phone.,.What would be causing these issues when it comes to cell signal strength?

Journeyman

I've noticed low signal strength on my iPhone 7. I'm only getting 2 out 5 bars. I was getting 1 out 5, but I updated the Roaming List and rebooted my phone.,.What would be causing these issues when it comes to cell signal strength?

Journeyman

As I stated earlier, I'm having the same issue where I'll only have one or two signal bars. I've also experienced the 1x at the top of the screen as well. Zip code is 72712.

I wasn't sure if it would hurt or help, but I updated the Roaming List and have restarted my phone.

Thank you.

Korey
Sprint Social Care

Hey koreysmith! We have sent a Private Message, please reply back to us, as soon as you can.

We'd love to help and provide you all the support you need.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Most certainly are poor reception & LTE speeds. Pretty disappointed in my cell service. To me, Sprint has always been a great carrier. I trust that this connectivity bug gets worked out for new iPhone 7 users
Journeyman

I agree that it is iPhone 7 related. The issues I am experiencing now never occured with my 6 or 6s!!!

Journeyman

I just got the Iphone 7 plus and the only time I get LTE is when im outdoors. Other than that it is just 1X. To top it al loff, i cant even get a live person from Sprint to help. Very frustrurating. Im thinking of switching carriers if this doesnt get resolved

Journeyman

It happened to me again today. I entered the subway in NYC, went one stop and when I exited the train I was on a 1x signal. It is a disgrace that Sprint cannot get their act together in one of the largest markets in the US!!!  Man Sad

Hello davidjosephii!

We'd like to take a look into this for you. Please reply to the Private Message I sent you.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.