cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reception Issues

Journeyman

iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reception Issues

Just curious - is anyone experiencing reception issues similar to the ones seen on Verizon? Many customers there are reporting their phones going from LTE to 3G to 1X data speeds and having turn on/off airplane mode or their phone off/on to restore LTE?

Anyone having those issues on Sprint?

171 REPLIES 171
Sprint Social Care

Re: iPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reception Issues

JohnDDDoe

Do you know if any other Sprint customer is having the same issue that you have regardless of the phone that they own?

Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code.

Let me know, I want to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having similar problems with my iPhone 7 plus. Signal drops spontaneously and sometimes I can't even make it call.

Cross Rd.- Amazon Rd.

Zip 10547

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 7. There are times I get "no service" in status bar. I have called Sprint 3x's, did network reset x3, hard reset & had chip/SIM card replaced, but still at times, cannot & do not have service or lack signal. I also noticed that when "no service" happens and I go to settings<general<about, I see that I have no iccid # or it says no SIM card, when this happens I have to turn the phone off & back on. Don't let anyone tell you that it's a service/network issue, because it is not. It is actually an issue with that/ your particular phone & it will need to be replaced.

GrandMaster

kudos to you for checking the other carriers first before posting in here. many dont do this or jump right to "the other carriers arent having this issue etc etc". so since the other carriers are seeing this it points right at it being a OEM issue that will either end up needing a update pushed to the phones or god forbid you would need a replacement..especially with how hard it was to get this device with all the back orders to begin with.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had a problem with my iphone 7 staying on 3g.  After a reboot or turning airplaine mode on/off it would go to LTE.  After some time or going to another location it would go to 3g. 

I had Public Static IP address for my data plan.  Once I removed it off my service, my iphone 7 stayed on LTE.

None of these worked, but just to everyone know what I tried:  I Reset Network Settings, Erase All Content and Settings, Update PRL ##873283#, and did a restore with itunes.

Sprint Social Care

Edgar34243

Please check if you have a software update available. Go to Settings>General>Software Update and let us know.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. Downloaded the 10.3 update and still getting "no service" several times a day. Apple said the 10.3 update should fix it but it hasn't.

Journeyman

I have also tried all of the resets, netwrok, phone, airplane mode, SIM card removal, nothing is working. Zip code 07440. How do I go about getting this fixed. It is definitely not a network issue. The network hasn't changed and the only thing that has changed is my phone.

Master

BDREEMS2,

Are you experiencing this problem on multiple locations?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

90230 , dropping calls, dropping to 3g where usually i had LTE

when to apple store , ran diagnostic and they suggested i restore the phone ,

did that still the same .

btw the 10.0.3 update its more for VERIZON ,according to rep in apple store.

next step might ned to replace phone .

Journeyman

I am having this exact same issue. My daughter has the 6s & will be sitting right next to me with no issue whatsoever.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.