cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subsidized device charge

Journeyman

subsidized device charge

I bought the iPhone X through Apple. I signed up for the 2 year contract because monthly lease payments were $49/month. But I am being charged $45 a month now the 'Phone Access w/Unltd Talk/Text'. I read that this is a Subsidized Device charge associated with 2 year contracts. I was never given this information when buying the phone. I paid over $500 for my phone just so I wouldn't have to pay the monthly chargers and yet I am still paying for them. I fine this is ridiculous and if I knew this before hand I would have just saved my $500 and just paid an extra $4 a month. This is not the first time I've had issues with Sprint and I am thinking of just cancelling my contract, paying the fee and going to another network. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: subsidized device charge

I had the same frustrating experience with Sprint's deceptive practices around the "Subsidized Phone Charge." I'm still shocked that they're allowed to do this.

Journeyman

Re: subsidized device charge

My dad who is also on my plan pays $26 a month for a lease payment. Now I am paying the same thing, along with the $550 I already paid for the phone. Honestly there was no point in doing the contract and now I am out over $500 and am still paying them even more money. Sprint is a very greedy and overall horrible business. But now I am stuck with a 2 year contract and trying to decide it I should just buy the phone out and go somewhere else. Don't know if I can stay with Sprint for another 2 years.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.