cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k Pres sold?

Highlighted
Journeyman

100k Pres sold?

That's what this article is saying: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348369,00.asp

Other reports put it around 50k... I know Sprint doesn't like to talk numbers, but if it's up around 100k I'd say that's something to brag about! Let's hear from ya, Dan!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: 100k Pres sold?

I've seen the "upper" estimates. If sales of the Pre are at the 100K mark, Sprint should be shouting it from the roof tops. But if it's only 50K, then it's not impressive. And if sales don't top AT LEAST 500K, then the Pre is essentially a failure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Today Apple announced the new iphone and I don't have a Pre yet, It's not fear.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't say 50k is not impressive if they only had 50k units to sell on Saturday. I do think they should have had more stock available at launch, but it's obvious they were getting everything they could out the door before the WWDC.

Highlighted

Yeah, the way I see it...if you want multi-tasking, but very short battery life...get the Palm Pre.

If you want the ability to tether, MMS, and good video capabilities, then get the iPhone 3G S.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@quasijedi wrote:

Yeah, the way I see it...if you want multi-tasking, but very short battery life...get the Palm Pre.

If you want the ability to tether, MMS, and good video capabilities, then get the iPhone 3G S.

AT&T isn't allowing tethering or MMS just yet. I'd say if you needed those features now you can get an Instinct, Blackberry, just about any WinMo phone, etc.

The Pres battery life does concern me. Also there is a lot of talk about the back heating up, even off charger and idle. The G1 had problems at launch with it's battery life and was fixed later with a software update. Hopefully Palm will be able to do the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman CWF
Journeyman

I hope the Pre is successful because I'm not going to crappy AT&T under any circumstances. In fact, I haven't been on a contract with Sprint in years until I bought the Pre last Saturday so I had the iPhone option available for some time. I liked the iPhone (not more than I like my Pre now) but not enough to go to AT&T.

I noticed the Pre does heat up when charging and needs to be charged once a day but I'm not disturbed by it as much as others.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@sweet greggo wrote:

@quasijedi wrote:

AT&T isn't allowing tethering or MMS just yet. I'd say if you needed those features now you can get an Instinct, Blackberry, just about any WinMo phone, etc.

The Pres battery life does concern me. Also there is a lot of talk about the back heating up, even off charger and idle. The G1 had problems at launch with it's battery life and was fixed later with a software update. Hopefully Palm will be able to do the same.

no att is not allowing that on the old 3.0 software and its not included on 3.0 update but from all my reading it is included on the 3.0 3g S which is not a suprise because they want people to buy a new phone because they are just coming out of contract from the first iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At&t won't be ready for MMS until "later this summer" http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/08/apple-wwdc-2009-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat