Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Palm Pre owners, will you leave Sprint if they skip us over on the Palm Pre 2 also?

All Palm Pre owners, will you leave Sprint if they skip us over on the Palm Pre 2 also?

I am just a little disappointed... I stuck with Sprint, even though my original carrier offered the Palm Pre Plus a few weeks after I came to Sprint.  Then I went through the worst customer service of my life but was stuck because of the fact I actually still like my phone.  Even though I have had 11 broken refurbs in the first 6 weeks.  I hoped they would offer the Plus version at some point, but they never did.  Now the Pre 2 is being leaked and obviously it's rumors but they are pretty indicative that Verizon will be the original carrier for the new WebOS Pre 2 or the Mansion, just like they were for the Pre Plus... and I swear if I have to switch carriers to get the phone we should've gotten a long, long, long time ago... Even though I hate Big Red even more than what I went through with all these refurbs....I don't know what else to do?  Most of the Sprint employees I have dealt with have treated me like an idiot for wanting an awesome phone that actually worked and now, they have twice over fixed the issues with the Pre and I have heard no mention of them getting it!  It's crap for all the people who actually stuck with you Sprint!  I don't know if I should leave, I really don't want to but this is getting ridiculous... does anyone feel the same?

104 REPLIES 104
Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer for quite a while, and I have always has good Customer Service, and good reception with the phones.  But if Sprint doens't get the Pre 2, or any WebOS 2 phone soon I will play out my contract and move on.  The last thing I want to do is move to Verizon or ATT (who I left cause I could never get a call through), but I feel there is little choice to stay.

Journeyman

I left the Big Red because of the Pre. I am so happy with the Pre and Sprint but if they don't get the Pre2 I will leave at the end of my contract.

Journeyman

The only 'hope' is that something is in the works to be announced at CES in Jan, with that June launch when our contracts turn over.  I little hint would be nice. 🙂

Journeyman

I wish I could leave, but I just picked up the pre with a 2 yr contract.  I'm not sure the new hardware warrants paying the ETF though.

Journeyman

Yes, I will leave Sprint if they don't have any new WebOS devices before the end of my contract (July 2011).  My only hope is that they're holding out on the Pre 2 because HP has better hardware coming.

Journeyman

I am ready to leave sprint for Verizon if the Palm pre 2 does go there i have been told by Sprint techs and store manangers that Sprint will not be getting any New palm phones so i should switch to the HTC evo i told them they can keep it I love my Palm

Journeyman

Im ready to leave I love my Palm Pre and Webos and from what i have been told by Sprint they are not getting any new phones from Palm

Journeyman

Yup...like the others here.  I too will be moving to another carrier if they are not adopting the new Palm/HP WebOS 2.0 phones...namely the Pre 2.  I am replacing all my family lines one by one, 2 of my 5 so far, as they are available for upgrades.  I wont be staying and continuing to do this if Sprint doesn't plan on continuing the legacy of providing us with the latest Palm hardware we want.

Wizard

Not only do I prefer WebOS to any of the other operating systems on wireless devices right now, I have too much incvested in learning, device applications, computer applications, accessories, and spares to willingly move to another device OS.

If Sprint does not support it's customers using WebOS, those customers, including me, will likely no longer be here.

If Sprint DOES, however, continue to support it's WebOS customers with upgraded/updated hardware and software, we will continue to be loyal to our OS of choice and to the carrier we are currently with.

The choice is yours, Sprint, all yours.

Give us some hints, some advance notice. Let us know you will be supporting us - or not.

We have plans to make and time is getting shorter...

Tom

Journeyman

Sprint, please do not force a decision here. Stay with what you started. HP is now behind it so you will be backing a well supported phone and OS.

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint ever since I joined the military 8 years ago. I purchased the pre when it first came out and feel that WebOS is phenomenal and without question the most advanced OS out there. The only issue being, as I am certain many would agree, is the "current" hardware that only Sprint feels the need to hang ontoand I just cannot understand it?!

If Sprint were to carry the new HPalm hardware they would not be losing all their revenue as I am sure they are now by carrying the orignal Pre which is an advanced OS in flimsy hardware that they are constantly having to fix or replace.

Why not just acquire new hardware, stop losing money on the original Pre, and keep half your customer base hapy or risk losing them to another carrier. Sprint you need to realize that a large portion of your customers have stuck by your side because in turn you stuck by Palm's side throughout the years and your not carrying their new hardware could quite possibly be the last foothold you have until your company inevitably disolves from a top national carrier to another company on the verge of bankruptcy bought out most likely by the Big Red where most your customers will end up going anyway for the latest HPalm hardware.

I have had a phone upgrade since last June and refuse to use it on a lesser OS and espicially not do what Sprint is all hoping we will, which is switch to a 4G phone so they can charge us all extra on our plans to make up for all they revenue they lost as their customers drifted away to other carriers.

Sprint I am waiting until the new years upcoming announcement where all major carriers will unviel their newest hardware, and if do not see a WebOS supported hardware device, off i go to Big Red.

I WILL NOT be manipulated into acquiring a 4G phone just because the hardware is better but the OS is no where near the level of WebOS. So really I am paying more money on my plan just to acquire new hardware because Sprint refuses to carry better and available hardware to support WebOS!

I WILL move to Big Red if Sprint does not start carrying a new WebOS device by the beginning of 2011 and I am sure a majority of HPalm loyal Sprint customers will do the same in the very near future. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat