Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Palm Pre owners, will you leave Sprint if they skip us over on the Palm Pre 2 also?

All Palm Pre owners, will you leave Sprint if they skip us over on the Palm Pre 2 also?

I am just a little disappointed... I stuck with Sprint, even though my original carrier offered the Palm Pre Plus a few weeks after I came to Sprint.  Then I went through the worst customer service of my life but was stuck because of the fact I actually still like my phone.  Even though I have had 11 broken refurbs in the first 6 weeks.  I hoped they would offer the Plus version at some point, but they never did.  Now the Pre 2 is being leaked and obviously it's rumors but they are pretty indicative that Verizon will be the original carrier for the new WebOS Pre 2 or the Mansion, just like they were for the Pre Plus... and I swear if I have to switch carriers to get the phone we should've gotten a long, long, long time ago... Even though I hate Big Red even more than what I went through with all these refurbs....I don't know what else to do?  Most of the Sprint employees I have dealt with have treated me like an idiot for wanting an awesome phone that actually worked and now, they have twice over fixed the issues with the Pre and I have heard no mention of them getting it!  It's crap for all the people who actually stuck with you Sprint!  I don't know if I should leave, I really don't want to but this is getting ridiculous... does anyone feel the same?

104 REPLIES 104
Journeyman

Hopefully Sprint will get something like this from HP Palm after CES 2011. I'm here with at&t waiting to switch me and my family to new HP webOS Wimax devices with Sprint in 2011.

PalmSuperiorHD.jpg

Journeyman

I would.  There would be no reason to stay with Sprint if they do not carry the new HP / Palm WebOS devices. 

Journeyman

It's tough to say if I'll stick around or not.  If there are better webOS devices with top tier hardware available elsewhere prior to Android 3.0 phones on Sprint, I can virtually guarantee you that I'll leave though.  My Palm Pre is way past it's prime, and I continue to have quality issues so I'm just waiting for news, but I won't wait a lot longer to make my choice.  The Palm Pre 2 will come out on Verizon soon, and I do get a corporate discount there so if Sprint doesn't make an announcement in short order, I could be gone because I would much rather have the functionality and interface of webOS 2.0 than Android.

Journeyman

Dear Sprint,

I've been a loyal Sprint customer since 1998 - I love the Pre, its exactly the kind of phone i need, and I want the Pre2. As for me, if you all cant offer me the Pre2 then I will need to go to Verizon to get it -- and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks,

I just don't understand, it would be nice to know something.  So, at least people would know what they are doing, it's bad business to keep thousands of customers under the hope that Sprint will eventually carry what some of us want only.  I don't like android all that much and there is no other phone offered that I like and I just think the form factor of the Pre finally being fixed should be offered to us unless there is some kind of HD Pre about to come out.  But tell us something, because some people have been waiting since June of 2009 and if they have nothing to look forward to but the Pre2 on another carrier... then Sprint is going to lose a lot of loyal customers.  I saw on Precentral.net that a rep on a livechat said they would be getting new WebOS devices for Sprint and if I find out that was a lie told just to get rid of the person, I will leave Sprint.  I was told after my 4th broken phone that the Pre was being recalled by a Sprint technician and I should get a samsung moment.  Just be honest, so you can let us leave and get the phone we have wanted for over the last year.

Journeyman

This is very true, what is stated above,or below...... However... I love my pre very very very much. I heard it will be available from hp for 1million dollars... My question to sprint is: Why introduce us (pre lovers) to the very phone we have wanted all our lives, just to let us watch another carrier (verizon) get a better one like a few months later, and on top of that, now, we cant even keep up with the latest device coming soon to the rest of the world. WebOs is an operating system that is very fine tuned, and it is a OS that makes sense... no task killer needed, just go.... The pre did have some design flaws but we dealt with it, in hope that we wouldn't be left in the cold when the new one came out!!! DO YOU REALIZE WHY WE WAITED??? BECAUSE ANDROID SUCKS COMPARED TO WEBOS!! The only reason why they are so popular is because... MY GOD: Look how many devices they have. Bottom line... if hp/palm made a device with the big screen, dual cameras..etc, hands down it would sell through the roof. Pre lovers are willing to sacrifice not having all the bells and whistles of "The Market" 2.2, for the reliability and the well put together OS of WebOs. We see that hp/palm is headed in the right direction, and we are willing to wait however long, while they take their time with all the minor glitches... I mean we do honestly know that the design of pre was crap... but the WebOs is the most solid Os in a smartphone bar none ever, so for that we are willing to wait for PALM... not Sprint!!  Its like you guys took us on a date and just left us in the middle of nowhere... now we need to find our own way back, just don't know if the vehicle we use is going to be sprint.

Sprint, just be smart.. get the pre 2... even if we buy from you, and we have to wait for you to buy from Hp/Palm... at least that will be better than what your giving us now.. I know I will go wherever it is being offered. If sprint doesn't get it, then I hate to leave but, with what I do for a living, pre is the only phone I have found to help my day go smoother.I tried the epic because I was thinking of switching to android.. I got it and my day was a total mess. Webos, and android 2.2, shouldn't even be able to be read in the same sentence.. I mean it was that bad... I mean who in their right mind doesn't mind opening a task killer to close aps 30-50 times a day... If your computer did that you would get it fixed but with android, its part of the experience... Needless to say.. I actually kissed my pre and apologized when I turned it back on..lol... really!  The only reason why I didn't leave with pre plus is because it wasn't that big of a difference in phones for me to want to switch at that time.... but what I've read, and seen... this will definitely be a good reason to go with whoever will offer it to me... Tell us something Sprint.. I'm afraid you will lose a decent amount of customers over this if nothing is said. I do love Sprint, just love pre or should I say WebOs more thanks to sprint... so you started it....lol  , The pre Is just hands down the only phone I want.

I hope anyone that reads this agrees with me and if so, lets let sprint know how we feel... I know we all love sprint but we are getting the short end of the stick on this one... peace and love to everyone!!

Journeyman

I have been a loyal Sprint customer since 1998 when Sprint had just three call centers nationaly.

I  stuck with them through their growing pains and feel confident that I  have backed the right horse, particularly as they are first with a 4G  network and their network promises to be more data efficient than their  competitors who are busy playing catch-up on that front.

I  became a Palm enthusiast in 2005 with the purchase of my Treo 650. I  have not bought any other brand of phone for my personal use since (Treo  650 > Treo 700 > Treo 755p & Centro > Pre).

I do, in fact, love the Pre and webOS and would very  much like to see Sprint continue to offer these brand of smartphone. My  Pre has held up remarkably well, with no serious physicl problems, no  cracks and relatively few dings to the screen. The headphone jack is a  little wonky, but not so bad that I have to replace it as yet, but soon...

That said, I would like to see a HP/Palm intergrate  Gorilla Glass or some equivalent into their devices to make their  product line more rugged and would hope that the next Palm product to  come to Sprint (SOON!) would be 4G.

The improvements  that the Pre 2 offers in the way of processing speed, RAM size and  storage are all important to me. It also seems that the newer processor  is more battery efficient, which is important for any and all  smartphones.

I definitely feel that webOS is  currently the most sophisticated operating system and one that shows the  most promise overall. Apple's iOS's strongest suit is the way they  integrate it into the hardware in a very stable and reliable manner.  Palm caught up to such a standard with 1.4.5 - but now the hardware  needs similar attention.

It does seem strange that the  Pre Plus and the Pre 2 are unavailable to Sprint users. I only hope that  it means Sprint is waiting on the next generation 4G phone from  HP/Palm. I further hope that they do not wait too long to release webOS  2.0.

The webOS community is very loyal and, as a member  of such, I don't how long I will last waiting for Sprint and HP/Palm to  update to something worthy of my investment.

I'd hate to leave Sprint, but I'd hate it more if Sprint failed to offer me the webOS option on only the Palm Pre.

Journeyman

I have been thinking about leaving Sprint also regarding the lack of webos phones and the pre 2.  I have 2 upgrades and refuse to use them so I can leave without having to pay the fee.  The palm pre meets my needs and I have been waiting for a new one to come out on Sprint but it doesn't look that way.  I have been a customer for 10+ years but I believe it is time for a change.  I wish Sprint would offer more of a variety of phones for their customers.  Sorry Sprint our time together may be over.

Journeyman

I will most likely leave Sprint if they opt not to upgrade the Palm Pre to 2.0. I'm sick of the Android phone propaganda. I have friends who have purchased them only to have more issues than they bargained for (I should know about issues....the Palm Pre has been a disaster as far as reliability, but the Web OS is the best).

Just my two cents.

Journeyman

Whoever has been project lead for Sprint's Palm project should be fired having botched the initial product roll out.  Now the it appears that the higher-ups set the precedent for this lack of vision and insight.  HP saw the value of Palm OS.  I will follow the PalmOS wherever it goes and if Sprint is going to continue on this road of lackluster and ambivilent commitment to PalmOS then I am "outta here".  I left T-Mobile (which had superb service and my family is still on it) because I felt the Palm OS was far superior to other platforms and had a tremendous future (as witnessed by the acquisition by HP).  Now, even after the survey shows that their customers want the Pre, they still seem to show no interest.  Sprint seems to be the General Motors of carriers - inept leadership by committee with no visionary blood.

Journeyman

I don't really think the Pre2 is a significant enough update to change hardware.  I would, however, be extremely disappointed (enough to break my contract) if Sprint doesn't jump on a WebOS 2.0 update as soon as possible...

Journeyman

Good-bye, Sprint! I'm done. If you have let the Palm Web/OS fall to the side....I will pay the early cancellation fee and switch to Verizon or AT&T. I'm done!!!!  You made a mistake by not embracing the new Web OS. The Palm Pre might have had flaws (physically), but the Web/OS was outstanding (even before 2.0). I am making sure all of my Sprint colleagues are aware of your EOL status on the Palm Pre. Enough is enough.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat