cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Limits???

Journeyman

Application Limits???

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many applications you can download?  I have downloaded 10 but now when I try to download I receive a message stating there isn't enough memory.  I checked and there is 7 GB available.  This problem happend to me a couple of weeks ago and I called Sprint.  The technician told me to do a hard reset and I did (take the battery out for 60 seconds).  It started working again, but it stopped today.  The hard reset isn't working so I thought maybe someone else may have some information for me.  Thanks in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Application Limits???

Yep, the Pre has a known bug where it limits the space that apps can take up.  There's some solutions on how to remedy, but personally I would just try uninstalling some until Palm officially fixes it.

Master

It hadn't caused much of an issue previously since there were so few official applications. I think I remember Palm saying they are working on getting it removed however. My guess is it was probably hard-coded in to prevent applications with memory leaks from trashing the entire system when they were still testing everything.

Journeyman

Thanks to both of you. Now I know I'm not alone and that Palm is aware of this issue. I know they have a lot of bugs and improvements they are working on but I hope this is at the top of the list. Thanks again!

Patron

If you notice you dont have the full 8 gigs of space on your phone because Palm has set that aside for the OS and apps.  They currently DO NOT ALLOW you to download apps to that other 7.something gigs of space, RETARDED!  But till than you have to uninstall and reinstall what you want at the time.  It is not a number of apps limit, but like the error says, a memory limit that Palm has capped for the apps.  BBOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wizard

Interesting article on this subject. Hopefully this is included in Palm's next patch!

http://www.precentral.net/why-you-keep-running-out-space-apps

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat