cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life!! I'm Worried

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery Life!! I'm Worried

People! This has been a rollercoaster of a weekend, with the Pre. The happiness has come and kind of gone. I have been playing with the device since Saturday, and I have was fine at first, and thenI noticed that the battery would be fully charged before a 2 hour nap only for me to wake up and find that I am now down to a 20% charge! Wifi was on but no programs were running in the background. Email set to get every 15 minutes. And the darn thang gets so hot in hand!! With just moderate use. I'm not used to this. I'm coming from the Instinct. Way better batter life as far as I can tell, and the extra batteries didn't hurt. I don't know, if this Pre is really worth it, if I'm stuck by a charger all day!!

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree. I followed all the tips: check for new emails every 15 minutes, turn off IM, turn on WiFi, turn off locator services (except when using Sprint Navigation or Google Maps, etc.) but still my phone doesn't make even through the work day (I'd be happy with 9-5) if I use it at all for a phone conversation, writing/responding to an email, etc. I really resent spending $299 for a phone with a very poorly made battery and being expected to bear the responsibility for a new, longer-lasting battery if I want decent talk time on my phone. I really hope Palm is going to work on this. I think they should have worked out a lot of these bugs prior to its release date. Already another company is offering Pre-compatible batteries with 50% more life and is working on a battery that will have twice the life of the factory installed battery.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Depending on your signal level and use you will need to charge between 4 and 8 hours.  If you're away from a charger for more than 6 to 8 hours at a time, this phone may not be the best one for you.  It's a high power draw device with a tiny battery - 1150mAh - about the same as a single AAA battery.

The Seido extended (2x) battery is out - I'm ordering one this weekend to see how it works, and how bad it looks.  They say it's only 4mm thicker; we'll see. . .

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat