ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

Journeyman

Battery issues

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem getting through the day with the supplied battery?

31 REPLIES 31
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Battery issues

No - it's good for a half a day of heavy use.  I've been charging three times  a day (noon, 5PM, overnight) but I'm heavy on the phone - 4 to 6 hours of calls a day on Bluetooth with all the apps open at once.

We'll get some tips on maximizing battery life out here next week.   

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Wow, 3 times a day? I don't think I have that much time in a day to charge my phone that frequently. On the bright side, the phone does charge pretty quickly

Journeyman

My battery died just sitting. It was charged and I unplugged it and went to sleep. When I woke up about 2 hours later it was almost dead...I'm lost.

Journeyman

My battery seemed to go in about half a day also, of course that whole time was spent syncing, transferring and the like. Aside from the obvious (turning off bluetooth and wifi/tweaking brightness/ backlight duration), I further spaced out the frequency in the email checking and updating features etc. Though I heard 2 interesting tips for battery use. One from the sprint tech rep at the store is the airplane mode, when youre in dispose (also kind of obvious). The other was from some web articles written in the past week that says to turn on the wifi. Something about the data connection for sprint being hard to find in some areas suggested that a wifi connection will chew up less juice than trying to get the web via the sprint wireless connection.

another issue that I might look into is the GPS and Sprint location options that can constantly pinpoint where you are (or your phone is)

-J

Journeyman

Mine lasts about less than two hours in use, i.e. on the phone, internet, texts, etc. Lasts about 4 hours just sitting on a desk by itself.

Sprint store says no one else has said anything, and that I can't exchange until they get more stock in. Even then I have to wait til the tech guy is in so he can review the phone. Uhhh.... I work 10-5 thank you very much.

Can't wait to hear how this is resolved, seems more people are realizing their battery draining today.

Journeyman

With BT off, and wifi only on for the hour or so I was at home, I'm on 4 hours now and still at 62%. I was also streaming Pandora over evdo for another hour or so, and I've been surfing the forums here for the past 10 minutes or so.

I've turned down the brightness to about 15% which is still plenty bright, and gmail is set to check only every 5 minutes or so. Don't think I've done much optimizing beyond that.

Patron

Hey Tiger,

I have found from last night. I had my phone plugged in ALL NIGHT and when I woke up it was almost dead. The phone did not charge when it was plugged in or it STOPPED charging. It showed that it was charging but it was not and did not. NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!

Journeyman

I guess like with many higher end phones battery life is an issue...so just keep a usb cable/charger with you and plug in when possible...cos remember what cell phones were originally advertised/designed for - emergencies. What good is being able to send that one last e-mail when you're in an emergency and need to make a call that may last longer than 1 minute? So keep it charged!

Journeyman

If you are using the AIM app, stop. There is a supposed bug that causes it to drain the battery too quickly. Also, change your email sync interval. Having several accounts on "As items arrive" can drain a lot of juice.

Journeyman

Well I have tried a little bit of everything that people have suggested and something worked, I just can't put my finger on which one it was...i switched to WiFi, turn off the bluetooth when im not using it, dimmed the screen, changed the email interval and signed out of AIM. Something worked cuz this morning when I woke up, I still had a full charge almost

Journeyman

Having the same issue!!!! It's really frustrating to charge the battery to 100% only to wake up and there's NO CHARGE at all. I can't work like this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat