Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Battery issues

@wengla02 wrote:

No - it's good for a half a day of heavy use. I've been charging three times a day (noon, 5PM, overnight) but I'm heavy on the phone - 4 to 6 hours of calls a day on Bluetooth with all the apps open at once.

We'll get some tips on maximizing battery life out here next week.

"4 to 6 hours of call a day on Bluetooth" - WOW! Which headset are you using Will? I have the new Blueant Q1 and I am lucky if I get 2 hours of straight talk time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@tandst4 wrote:
Having the same issue!!!! It's really frustrating to charge the battery to 100% only to wake up and there's NO CHARGE at all. I can't work like this.

Last night, I went to bed with a 90% charge. Got an email at 2 am. Decided to turn the phone completely off and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning at 6 am to a COMPLETELY dead phone!

What tha?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ people with the wifi solution:

should the wifi just be on at all time or just when there's no data coverage?

Highlighted
Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>tandst4 wrote:<br>Having the same issue!!!! It's really frustrating to charge the battery to 100% only to wake up and there's NO CHARGE at all. I can't work like this.<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Why didn't you leave the phone on the charger while you were sleeping? That's what I always do, so I wake up with a 100% charge.</p><p></p><p>BTW, I forgot to make sure my phone said "charging" when I put it on the Touchstone last night (the USB connector wasn't in all the way), and my phone just now gave me the "Low battery/will turn off soon" notice... after about 8 hours of streaming classical music over Pandora (via wifi) while I slept :)</p>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi I thought it was just my phone, we brought(2) two phones my husbands holds a charge prettywell but mine won't last 2 hours I can charge it have a full battery and look it's gone. I'm really hurt about this. I'm taking mine back maybe it broke. thumbs down on this one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd say it's more likely your battery that's defective rather than your phone... see about getting it swapped out?

And you're not running AIM, right? It's got a known bug that eats batteries 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys I was browsing around and bumped into this. Looks like a 1350mah battery for the Pre that fits in the back without having to purchase an additional cover. I feel like it's a little pricey at 45 bucks but hey if anybody wanted that extended battery option there ya go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

<p>That is a little pricey for that capacity of battery. While the extended battery for the Treo 700p is about $40, it's a 2400mAh battery... however, 1350mAh batteries for the 755p and Centro run about $25. I think the price will go down when others come out - it's all about competition, and demand. Right now the Pre is brand spanking new, and Innocell seems to have the only extended battery, so they can pretty much charge what they want.</p><p></p><p></p><p>EDIT: it looks like InnoCell is made <em>by </em>Seidio... so I guess Seidio isn't a competitor :P</p><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by Doktor Jones on </span><span class="local-date">06-08-2009</span><span class="local-time"> 02:20 PM</span></div>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, this was only the 2nd time yesterday that the same thing happened. I even charged it up again this morning &amp; when I turned it on got the same lightning strike symbol with the power cord &amp; question mark. Took it to Sprint &amp; they have been hearing this quite a bit. They ended up having to swap out my battery with their demo's battery because they just didn't have any new replacement batteries or Pres in stock.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This article has a nice list of things to do to save the battery:

http://mobilitytoday.com/news/009551/pre_battery_life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm currently downloading the WEBOS 1.0.2 which is 67mb.....hopefully this will help....The phone said it was going to try and automatically update once it got to a high network.......I hope this fixes the battery draining problem. I reached the update by going to my updates application under the third launcher screen. Cross your fingers......

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat