cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Battery issues

It didn't take to long to download and I was using my wifi (at least I think)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got down with the download and I'm losing a percent still every minute of no using the phone....Don't think that update is going to help...I will keep monitoring it throughout the evening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update didn't work for me. My battery is now showing 56%....I just took it off the charger at 5:00 p.m. I have not used the phone to make a call. I give up of finding a solution. The clock app is added to the launcher....I didn't check for the other details.

Message Edited by Taunique on 06-08-2009 07:58 PM

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

sjamie wrote:

@wengla02 wrote:

No - it's good for a half a day of heavy use.  I've been charging three times  a day (noon, 5PM, overnight) but I'm heavy on the phone - 4 to 6 hours of calls a day on Bluetooth with all the apps open at once.

We'll get some tips on maximizing battery life out here next week.   

"4 to 6 hours of call a day on Bluetooth" - WOW!  Which headset are you using Will?  I have the new Blueant Q1 and I am lucky if I get 2 hours of straight talk time.

Motorola S9, baby!  9 hours talk time - tested and confirmed!  Expensive thing, but massive battery life.  (well, cheaper than Blueant or that other fancy one)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't get the thing to charge. It's been like 2 hours and its still on one bar, and it's hot. I had a full battery last night and when i woke up this morn my phone was off. DEAD! I didn't have any programs running. ugh! fusterating!

I took it to the sprint store, and they had none avail to exchange with. They said it would be a week. At that point I couldnt even get it to turn on. They said I was s.o.l. till they came in next week. no loaner! so dissapointed! i reall like the phone! My last phone was a htc touch..hated it. had the centro before that. loved it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SWDETROITGIRL wrote:

I can't get the thing to charge. It's been like 2 hours and its still on one bar, and it's hot. I had a full battery last night and when i woke up this morn my phone was off. DEAD! I didn't have any programs running. ugh! fusterating!

I took it to the sprint store, and they had none avail to exchange with. They said it would be a week. At that point I couldnt even get it to turn on. They said I was s.o.l. till they came in next week. no loaner! so dissapointed! i reall like the phone! My last phone was a htc touch..hated it. had the centro before that. loved it.

If your phone goes totally dead it won't turn on until the power reaches a minimum level. Therefore you have to just plug up the charger and let it stay plugged up until it is able to power the phone on. I

'm telling you there is something seriously wrong with some of these Palm Pre phones. Sprint and Palm needs to do a recall...they are sad not to have made a statement by now or even send an email to their customers. This is crazy!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mikeli689 wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem getting through the day with the supplied battery?

Here is the solution to the battery problem. DELETE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT OFF YOUR PHONE. THE PALM CONTINUALLY CHECKS FOR EMAIL EVERY MOMENT EVEN IF YOU SET IT TO MANUALLY CHECK!!! When I took my hotmail off, my phone became cool and stayed on 97% for 30 minutes!!!!!!

here's a link to the genius that figured it out.......

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=weboshardware&thread.id=351

Highlighted
Journeyman

Deleting Hotmail doesn't solve the battery issue for me because I never added a Hotmail account!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat