cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth on the Pre

Journeyman

Bluetooth on the Pre

Could someone tell me if their bluetooth works and how do you connect with other devices? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth on the Pre

I have bluetooth problems as well.  Do you happen to own a Nissan or Infiniti?  There is a known problem with those cars.  I've already called Sprint, Palm, and Nissan and opened help tickets for the problem.

So far there is no fix.....

As far as connecting to other devices.  On the main screen (with only your backdrop) click the upper right hand corner where the signal strength is - one of the drop down options is Bluetooth.  Click on that, it will open your Blue Tooth menu options.  You can also find the blue tooth info on the 3rd page of your menu (scroll from right to left on your menu page to access the other pages).

Message was edited by: boomerdt

Journeyman

I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. I had heard about the bluetooth issue with Nissans, but paired my phone with my Murano anyway, just to see how bad it was. I've only made one call with it, but my girlfriend said it sounded fine. I heard a small bit of static on my end, but it was not bad. Just one or two crackles here or there. Static was the issue I had read about with Nissan/Infinity vehicles.

The thing I noticed though, was that once I turned off the vehicle, and had been out of it for a few minutes, the phone thought it was still connected to the vehicle. I was trying to make a call, and I couldn't hear anything. Then I turned off the bluetooth, and it was fine. I thought that was a little weird. Other than that, the actual pairing to the vehicle was easy, and seems to work *almost* as good as my Instinct worked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an '09 Nissan Rogue and no problems setting up Bluetooth or using it. I've never heard anyone complain about it from the other end either. As for the quote:

The thing I noticed though, was that once I turned off the vehicle, and had been out of it for a few minutes, the phone thought it was still connected to the vehicle. I was trying to make a call, and I couldn't hear anything. Then I turned off the bluetooth, and it was fine.

I have similar issues like in the example the person stated, but like in the example, turn off the Bluetooth when out of the car and everything is fine.

New Thought:

What I'm describing is using Bluetooth for voice calls. I've never been able to play music or navigation directions through my Bluetooth speakers.

Message was edited by: TimesWasting

Journeyman

Glad to hear other Nissan's are not having problems.  Seems a little off though for some models to be fine - and other have problems.  Thanks for the reply guys

Journeyman

I have a 2008 Infiniti G37 and althought I can connect with bluetooth the communication clearity is very, very poor, making it usless. There is a blog on the Palm Pre forum indicating there are problems with Nissans, Infiniti, BMWs and other makes. Hope they fix it soon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat