cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendars No Longer Working After System Upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendars No Longer Working After System Upgrade

I received a system upgrade this afternoon and then noticed that all of my calendar information was completely wiped out. I went into my EAS account and all my information is still listed there and so is my google calendar. I went into Preferences & Accounts and made sure everything was turned on and then tapped "Sync Now" hoping that every thing would return and alas nothing is showing up.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Calendars No Longer Working After System Upgrade

I am now experiencing the exact same issue; after working with three of Sprint's techs...no success.

The last tech suggested I contact Palm directly for support.

Has anybody been able to resolve this issue?

Sprint Product Ambassador

I thought it was just me.  🙂

Just finished doing a partial erase of the Palm Pre and still have no calendaring data.  Pre, Exchange, Google, Facebook - nothin.

Er, update - it's related to the date 1/1/10:

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=webossoftware&thread.id=13247&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Palm is aware of it and is getting lots of data about the problem.

Message was edited by: wengla02

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Sprint Product Ambassador

There is a workaround:
1) view date and time
2) turn off network time
3) set date to 2009
4) close date and time
5) open calendar - you should see your  appointments
6) reopen date and time
7) reset date to 2010 and turn on network  time.
Worked so far for me.  Reading indicates  that works until the phone is restarted and then it will have to be  reapplied.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I just did the same thing and it worked for me.  I sure hope Sprint and Palm get this resolved quickly as this function is integral to the reason I purchased the phone; not to mention without rebate or other discount.

Journeyman

I am currently on the phone with Palm Support; they instructed me to turn network time back on, confirm the date and all would be good.  I'm happy to report that after several minutes of gyrations....all is good!

I can see my appointments on, and add too my calendar once again!

Now we're working on the "Unable to download apps" thingy...wish me luck!

Journeyman

I too have tried this and can report that all my appointments are back!!!! Hopefully if I receive another system update this won't happen again but at least I know how to fix it if it does. Thanks for the info.

Journeyman

I tried this a couple of times and it worked.  Also, I had an issue because my phone was not in the same time zone as my server and that seems to be resolved for my calendar and I am now able to view all appointments in my normal time zone.

Journeyman

Calendar Display Bug Fixed: Here's the link to the new version 1.3.5.1. - http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/sprint/solutions/article/50607_en.html

Release 1.3.5.1 fixes an issue in which the Calendar app displayed no events for any account after a user synchornized Calendar

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat