cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy the Pre on my dads plan w/ his discount and use it on my line?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I buy the Pre on my dads plan w/ his discount and use it on my line?

Ok, so I posted some time back i wanted a Pre but am only due for the $75 discount. This would leave me to pay $474 for the Pre. I would have to wait until like June to get the full discount.

My dads line is eligible for the full discount but he is on the $30 Sero plan. Could I order the Pre with the discount on his account, but when the phone arrives do not activate it on his line (dont want him to change from his $30 sero plan to an everything plan obviously).

I could just give my dad the $ and put the Pre on my line and activate it? (separate accounts). He doesnt want/need a new phone.

Would this work? I figure once you receive the phone from Sprint its not activated, nor has the plan been changed until you call them to active it. I just want to make sure I dont screw it up and he loses his $30 Sero plan. But I assume it would extend his contract 2 years?

What loopholes would i have to work around if its possible? My other option is to buy it on ebay for $320-$350 range from a positive seller and it wouldnt extend either of our contracts but i'd pay more obviously.

Thanks

-Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Can I buy the Pre on my dads plan w/ his discount and use it on my line?

You have to activate the phone on your dad's line for 30 days before you can switch accounts and keep the discount price (at which time he would have to change to an everything plan)

Once he changes his plan they won't let him go back, sounds like ebay is your best bet

Message was edited by: lars7575

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat