cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only send email via Wi-Fi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can only send email via Wi-Fi

Email service is through Charter. I can receive email anywhere, but get an email aplication error on sent messages if Wi-fi not connected. Worse, once I get this error the message sits in the Outbox and never sends even when I later connect to Wi-Fi.

Rebooted several times, deleted account and readded... nothing seems to make a difference.

Anybody have any fixes, ideas...

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Can only send email via Wi-Fi

I am having the same issue with the Pre using Charter. A few of the messages go through hours later, and occasionally the messages go through but I still get the error message. I've tried all the fixes mentioned in the other threads for other situations. Nothing is working. Charter says this is a Sprint issue because the outgoing smtp must be Sprint's, but smtp.sprintpcs.net doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!

Master

It's smtp.sprintpcs.com, Not .net

Journeyman

Sorry, error in the email, .com is what I'm using.

Journeyman

If it says you're roaming you may need to enable your Data Roaming. Go to your Phone Icon > Touch Sprint (on the top) > Preferences >  Scroll down to Network > Click on Disable under "Data Roaming" and make it Enabled.  -- If it's because you're roaming this should fix the problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat