Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts on new Palm Pre from family and friends?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't receive texts on new Palm Pre from family and friends?

Hello All!

I swapped out my Palm Centro with a new Palm Pre last night.

I noticed that everything seems to work except SMS Messaging.

I can send a text to my friends and family and they receive the messages and respond, but I do not get a response back in a known good cell location.  The senders do not receive an error message.  My old phone is off and the battery is removed.

I can received texts from (phonenumber)@messages.sprintpcs.com, from the Sprint Website and from Zipwhip but I can't receive them if sent from another phone.  Specifically if it's a phone that is on my own account.

I had no texting issues prior to swapping out my phone.

I checked my account and there is no blocking set up.

I called sprint support and they "refreshed" my phone by having me turn it off and remove the battery.

they also verified my phone number is correct in the phone.

1. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2. Does anyone know the solution?

Lastly, I have been receiving unusual texts from:

that says:

Free msgs:will stop automatically

//SAVglCdTEAQAA2mVGlvc4FfeGdTZRoTGwlX/GPojSq7ny6uTwMdPrefGKtc2TCNA8vv7N3qrwprfsTdERF4Q8QDrWHpShZhfgl//VS

I have no idea if it's related but I typically do not get SPAM texts.

Thank You!

Doug

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't receive texts on new Palm Pre from family and friends?

We're you able to find the solution for this?  I'm having the same exact problem.  Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't receive texts on new Palm Pre from family and friends?

After Palm support and Sprint support couldn't solve the issue, I took it to The Sprint Store where I reproduced the issue for the sales clerk.  He swapped out my phone and that one worked right away!  Unfortunately, after a few days my touch screen does not respond on the new one 75% of the time which makes the phone useless.  I can't hang up, respond to texts, retrieve e-mail, pull up new maps, switch apps, etc.

I've decided that on 8/14/2010 I'm going to trade it in for an Android based phone.  I love the size and shape of this phone but with the screen locking up, and the phone's inability to do things like connect to my exchange server, import my exchange contacts, hotsync to my existing palm account and software, work with my VPN, connect to many of my work websites with frames, Java or Flash I just think it's a Palm that is not a business tool.

I do enjoy the text message features, the security features, the integration with Yahoo, and the discrete vibration of the phone, as well as the ability to turn it into an 8gb flash drive and use the wireless in my home.  I also love the glowing light on the front that lets you know you have an alert when the phone is docked.  I love the GPS feature - when it works.  Many times it says I have a poor satellite signal, and it also has poorer reception than my Palm Centro and even my Laptop's Cellular Air card.

Good luck with yours!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat