cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send photos in a text message?!

Journeyman

Can't send photos in a text message?!

Hey Folks,

So when I send a photo in a text message it goes as if to send but never actually gets delivered. The text stays gray indefinitely which I guess means its pending. My girlfriend's phone is doing the same thing. Is anyone else having problems with this?

4 REPLIES
Patron

Re: Can't send photos in a text message?!

mine is working fine and it displays the image in the text body after it is sent. you hitting the attachment icon, selecting the photo and entering text and sending or are you doing something different? That is what I do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. I haven't been able to send any text messages with photo attachments for over a week now. Neither can my wife. I can receive text messages with photos from a friend with Verizon. What's the problem?

Journeyman

Hi Batty13

Sprints Marketing is confusing, I agree.  I have a very simple plan: no  internet, just 1000 minutes and 300 texts/picture texts.

Like you, I was confused when I would try to send picture mail to friends.   Why wouldn't it work?  I called customer service to find out what was wrong.   The customer service representative told me that photos require internet to be  sent and I had to purchase their data plan.  I replied, "What about picture  texting?  My phone does not offer me the option to send via text instead  of via the internet."

The fact is, Sprint still sells "picture texting" in the service packages,  but a lot of the phones they sell don't allow you to use that service; they only  allow you to send pictures via the internet.  I don't understand what the  technological difference is... I only know that one cost next-to-nothing and the  other one is pricey.

I paid for the "data plan" (internet) for a short while, but was very  unsatisfied.  The web browser was terrible, and the email software on the phone  would switch to a loading screen for several minutes at a time.  In short, all I  wanted was the ability to send photos, but I was forced to pay for other  services packaged under the "data plan" that are pretty much unusable.

As far as email goes... if you have the data plan, you can send pictures to  either another phone or to an email address.  I would send photos to my own  email address, and I noticed that in the "from" field it said  [myname]@pm.sprint.com.  I never created this account; it was automatic.  I  noticed that my friend's email address would be [thier name][some  number]@pm.sprint.com.  Really, I don't know how the email address is  constructed; I only know the domain is pm.sprint.com.

Hope that helps.

Journeyman

Data plan actually has nothing to do with this issue as you have to have a data plan to have a Pre on the Sprint Network.

What I'd suggest you do is to run WebOS Doctor from the Palm website. If that doesn't do it for you, give us a call and we can do some things on our end to refresh your connection.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.