Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centro - Hotsync loop then dead

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Centro - Hotsync loop then dead

Hi!

My year old centro started trying to hotsync repeatedly this afternoon.  I'd quit it, it'd come back again trying to hotsync.  So, I pulled the battery.  When I put the battery back it, the phone will not power up.  Plug it into the charger, the red light comes on, but no 'beep' to indicate it is alive.

Tried a hard reset - pull the battery, press the red power key, put the battery back in - but no luck there.

Any ideas, or is it just dead and take it to the Sprint store?

Thanks!

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Centro - Hotsync loop then dead

that sounds ugly. before taking it to the sprint store, i'd call sprint tech support and the first level will just try getting you to repeat the battery steps, etc. just explain the issue in super technical terms and tell them you've tried a hard reset at tech supports request. this will expidite your transferrance to the "real" tech support (the 1st level is just basic trouble shooting with a customer care agent.)

if they don't have any ideas, you might have a bum centro on your hands.

Journeyman

the EXACT thing just happened to me last night.. can you let me know what happened with yours?

thanks so much.

Journeyman

I am on my second Centro with the same problem. The first one I called Sprint and they sent me a new phone. I've had the new phone now about 2 months and it started the same thing last night. I don't get it, but they will have to get me another new phone. So just to let you know, call customer care and they will send you a new phone.

Master

Every time we have had a customer come in with a Centro that is stuck in a hotsync loop it has water damage, no exception. Could it happen without water damage, probably, but I've never seen it, or heard about it happening without water damage before this thread.

Journeyman

This issue is due to moisture intrusion in the gap between the main board and the data port. If this issue occurs with the phone, you can take the phone to a local Sprint store to have the phone exchanged. The new Palm Centro phones have been made to prevent this issue from happening.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Don't know about moisture - unless it was humdity - but it was dead.  Got it swapped out for another one and it's been working fine since.

Thanks for the info on the updated Centro design...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat