cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection manager for Centro/Win7?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connection manager for Centro/Win7?

Any news about availability of a Windows 7 compatible version of the Sprint Mobile Broadband app for my Centro?  New notebook sitting on the shelf waiting...

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Connection manager for Centro/Win7?

I was going to write a post slamming you for your ignorance, but I decided against it. Centro = very old OS & old hardware. Windows 7 = state of the art. I would start by recommending a newer phone that offers tethering capabilities (no webOS phones do, and this is the webOS forum NOT Palm OS forum) such as Windows Mobile device or even Android. Also, Id take the 'notebook sitting on a shelf' and swap it out with one that has Sprint Broadband built in such as the HP or Toshiba.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

Gee BigMoney, thanks for your gentle answer.  My Centro may be old, but 1. Sprint says it's still a current product, still offered for sale still supported. 2. If I was BigMoney, I might go for a new phone, but my contract still has time to run, and I'm not BigMoney.  3. Built in Sprint?  See #2.  4. I like my Centro.  Thanks anyway.

Journeyman

This isnt even the correct forum, as this is a webOS forum, in addition the Centro uses older Rev. O technology and there are other phones out there at that price point of Centro. Again, Id recommend you act savvy, look at all th eoffers on the web for newer phones and sell your old one if you are dead set against keeping your 'new laptop' that's 'usless on a shelf' until you can connect it.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Journeyman

So you're pretty much saying that the centro will not be compatable with win7.  Am I right?

Master

Palm does not offer any drivers for the old PalmOS devices that are compatible with Windows 7 so it will not work.

Journeyman

I had the same problem when I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 (Connection Manager doesn't work).  I figured out a workaround using a Cradlepoint CTR350 router which I tether my Centro to and then attach an ethernet cable from the router to the ethernet input on my desktop computer.  There may be other workarounds but this works for me.  Btw this workaround does NOT work for my LG Lotus phone as the Cradlepoint router is compatibe with it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat