cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste does not work in website text boxes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Copy/Paste does not work in website text boxes

I have been working on a web based downloader utility for the Pre and other Sprint phones. I ran into what seems like a Pre copy/paste bug while doing some testing

I noticed that I can't copy a URL from the address bar of the web browser into a text box on a web site. I can copy the URL from one address bar in another instance of the browser and I can copy from one website textbox to another, but not between the address bar and a text box.The funny thing is that I can past the URLs from the address bar into other apps like Memos and even emails

Upon further inspection, it appears that you just can't use copy/paste at all in web form text boxes. This is ridiculous. I understand that you can't copy from just any text, but the ability to copy/paste into web form text boxes is pretty critical. What happens if I want to copy some text into a forum post?

This problem occurs on all websites with forms. I even tried it here on BAW and it did not work.

Has anyone else been able to copy and past to or from website text boxes?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Copy/Paste does not work in website text boxes

See

Buzz About Wireless : Palm Pre Forum : Palm Pre General Discussion : Things I don't like about the Palm Pre

Page 3,

Text cut and paste appears to be a problem in other areas too - and there is a comment that it will get attention.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Copy/Paste does not work in website text boxes

I too am very disappointed that leading to the launch the Palm Pre promised Cut and Paste abilities unlike the iPhone and that now we see that the Cut/Paste function only works in text boxes we are typing in. This is so limited and is rather unhelpful. I can't cut and paste text messages I'd already sent in a conversation, I can't cut and paste from website, I can't cut and paste from an email. And now the third generation iPhone can cut/paste (and in all of those areas, unlike the Pre) and is fast, has tons of apps, and is more intuitive and user-friendly. I'm starting to regret that I went with the Pre and not with the iPhone--I mean I switched from Verizon to Sprint for this phone.  I wonder if Will or another of Sprint's liaison's to Palm can tell us if they are working this issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat