cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Sprint members - How much did you really pay for the phone itself?

Journeyman

Current Sprint members - How much did you really pay for the phone itself?

I've read many websites stating the cost of the Pre, but nothing official from what anyone really paid.

I am able to get my 1 year upgrade of $75 off in a month, but just was curious what I should expect to "really" pay. Am I able to get the rebate/instant rebate costs, etc.

Can any members please confirm what they ended up paying? I want to know how much $ I need to figure spending in a month.

I'm just mostly nervous to upgrade from my Instinct to the Pre because I bet they will release a better Pre in a year w/ more memory, etc...but thats part of the tech life. haha.

Thanks!

-Ryan

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Current Sprint members - How much did you really pay for the phone itself?

Well I'm in a slightly different boat than you... I was eligible for the full $150 rebate as of 6/1/09 (talk about perfect timing) I paid $299 then of course the $100MIR

Journeyman

Ryan, the only discount you will be eligible for is $75 off the $550 price. This is covered in detail in the FAQ at the top of this section.

Journeyman

Ok, Thanks. I'm on here all the time but new to the Palm forum since I have an instinct but want a Pre, but I dont want one so bad as to spend $550-$75 = $475. I just wanted to clarify. I just read the FAQ which I usually do, but I was anxious to hear from people who actually purchased the phone. Wouldnt I get a discount for signing up for 2 more years also? The most I'd pay for this phone is $300 I think...Thanks

Journeyman

$75 is the discount you get for signing up for 2 more years.

The only way you'll be able to get the $150 phone credit (plus the other discounts) is complete 22 months of your contract, or if Sprint makes you a Premier customer, which would make you eligible after only 12 months.

Sprint has never said what EXACTLY gets you to the Premier status, but it's said that your plan has to be at least $70/mo and you have needed to be a customer for an indetermined amount of time. Even then it's no guarantee.

Journeyman

Ryan would be able to get the $75 for locking up into another 2 years, plus the $100 rebate bringing his cost down to $375, but that is still a higher price point than he wanted to pay.

Also in regards to Premier status I am pretty sure I read here on these very forums that you have to meet XX/month dollar amount (not sure for how long though) or be with Sprint for 10+ years. Not a combination of the two.

Journeyman

That's not correct. Ryan would ONLY get the $75 off, no other discounts. The only way you get the instant rebate and the MIR is if you are eligible for the $150 phone credit.

I know it doesn't make any sense, a mail in rebate should just be a mail in rebate, but this IS Sprint we're talking about.

Journeyman

Ya know, I was just browsing the FAQ to see what info was in there and if there was anything new when I seen the information about the rebate.

What a crock.

The $100 rebate needs to be for ANYONE if they lock into a 2 year deal. I can see getting $$$ off depending how far into your contract or premier status but a rebate is a rebate. What a joke.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not a picky person and wont leave sprint "just because", but I have a bad feeling i they don't soon offer a discount to current members for the pre, all the new customers they gained with the Pre, they may end up losing a lot to the iphone $99 deal just announced...I'll stick w/ my instinct and see how it goes down the road once the pre becomes more available...or by the time my 2 years is up they will probably have a pre 2 w/ hopefully an sd card or more memory. Sprint I've found is also easy to talk to sometimes on the phone and get them to get what you want.

you were not suppose to be able to go from Sero to Everything plus plan for $59.99, but I went from sero to Everything plus w/ an Instinct w/ no problems. Just sucks to have to fight to get something simple as a long time customer. I should be a premier customer because I was with Sprint, then Nextel (before merger) then got a Sprint phone after the merge...so i've been w/ them for a long time.

Journeyman

That my story as well... started with Sprint in 97, then went to Nextel, then was back with Sprint after the merger. Like I said, I don't know what the requirements are to get in the Premier program, and even if you meet the requirements you don't just automatically get it.

I suggest you call CS and ask to speak to someone about getting in the program. There's also that email for Dan Hesse you could try. Make a case for yourself, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat