cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i have the right to exchange my Pre for a new one?

Journeyman

Do i have the right to exchange my Pre for a new one?

Bought it from Radio Shack yesterday, dont like exchanging stuff for minor issues but i think this is a huge issue with Pre, not something i want to have for 2 years.

Every time i unplug my headphones from the Pre it doesnt realize that its not in headphone mode and i dont know if it can make calls properly as many times people couldnt hear me at all and i heard them. I had to plug in and out the headphones a few times to get the speaker to work but that was a hassle.

2nd day in a row i had this issue and i just got the Pre yesterday!

I love my Pre and want to stick with it, but i think this problem is really bad since i use the music player a lot.

Besides this major issue i realize that my Pre is really really a batter drained even with almost no use. I know most have this but mine is excessive.

I just tested it from 3PM to 4PM and i was at 67%. In the hour i had like 5 cards open, one website and messaging and music and an app and didnt use any of them at all. Made two short phone calls in this hour, so basically used very little.

After exactly ONE hour i am at 41%

26% without really being used? thats like 2 hours with use.

Do i have every right to exchange my pre with radio shack for a new one?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Do i have the right to exchange my Pre for a new one?

Glad you were able to get it exchanged so quick!

Journeyman

You should be able to exchange your phone based on the hardware issue. Radio Shack may not have extras in stock to exchange, so be prepared. You may have to wait a week or so to get your replacement.

As far as battery life, that's just part of owning a touchscreen smartphone. Battery life sucks. You can do some tweaks to help: Turn off GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi/EVDO when not in use, adjust screen brightness and timing, etc. We're all hoping Palm will release updates to help with the battery life in the future.

Journeyman

Went back to the Radio Shack showed the the defect with headphones and they were very happy to help. They exchanged right away with a new one and first thing i check was the headphones thing!

Cant believe i cant delete the AIM contacts from my phone contacts list.

I mean do i really need to see MICKEYMOUSE6537 as a contact?

come on

Journeyman

surprised they even had any in stock. was at a sprint store twice last week and both times I kept hearing how they didn't have any in stock. maybe people don't shop or know radio shack much or know they carry them?

Highlighted
Master

Starting this week the corporate stores in my area have stock on hand. We have been getting fairly large shipments recently to help finish up the wait lists.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat