cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents to Go not opening all Excel files

Highlighted
Journeyman

Documents to Go not opening all Excel files

I've posted at PreCentral.net, Palm's forums and I figured here is a good place to try too. I have a Pre with the current firmware and when I open Documents to Go and try to open an Excel file, nothing happens. At least one other user has confirmed this same bug. Word documents and PDF's open fine with no such problems. Any help from Dataviz, Palm, Sprint or any user would be appreciated!

Message Edited by yingko9 on 06-10-2009 03:53 PM

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

What version of Excel?

Is this any Excel file, or only specific files?

(Moved to Issues forum, since it sounds like a bug to me.  )

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Excel 2007. The files were created in Excel 2003 and they've been heavily updated in Excel 07.They are saved in the 97-03 format as Excel 07 gives you that option. This is for any Excel file, but again, I'm not saving in the 07 Excel format.

I also thought there may be an issue with an Excel doc that had multiple pages within it, but neither it nor a single paged file would open.

Highlighted
Patron

I noticed this too, does not appear to compatable with anything behind 2007 which sucks

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

This is all Excel files created, modified and saved in this way?

Can you create a new simple file and have it open?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I seem to have solved the problem: for some reason, some of my Excel and Word docs were saved with the .doc or .xls extensions in caps (.DOC or .XLS). Docs to Go does not like this and will not open the file if the file extension is in all caps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to open up the Excel file but couldn't change the contents with the phone like I could on the Motorola Q9c and PPC-6700 before that? Is this just a viewer with no math abilities whatsoever? What am I missing?

Thanks...Gary

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat