ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your Pixi reboot/reset 4-5 times or more a day?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does your Pixi reboot/reset 4-5 times or more a day?

Forgive me if I missed a thread on this, but I did spend 15 minutes looking before posting a new topic.  I've had my Pixi for about 5 months and it's running the latest OS release (1.4, I think).  Problem is, every other time I go to use it to call, receive a call, or check e-mail, the screen is just stuck with a big, glowing 'PALM' on the screen and I have to wait 1-3 miutes for it to become usable.  I've already done a hard reset, clearing all the apps and user data and right now the only apps installed are those that Sprint has pre-installed.  Basically it's a little black brick to me and is wholly unreliable.

I refuse to call Sprint Support again and listent to them go through the list that will culminate in asking me to do a factory reset.  I'd hate to have to rely on it in an emergency.  Am I the only one?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Does your Pixi reboot/reset 4-5 times or more a day?

Call support and ask them to elevate you to tier 2 support. Sounds like you need to replace your phone.

Journeyman

If your software version on device is currently up to date and still having problems with device rebooting itself you can try to go to device info-reset options- and do a full erase....If you do this step make sure you know your palm profile information to sign back into device and also check your contacts by opening up contact list...tap in top left hand corner-go to pref and accounts and make sure contacts are syncing to palm profile. Also any photos you have on device are not backed up to palm profile so might want to plug device into pc and copy photos to computer first.

If you do full erase and still having issues with device rebooting on its own will need to get device into sprint service and repair center.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

Thanks for your advice  I've done that twice to no avail. 

Journeyman

The Pre and Pixi are remarkably resilient devices (at least from a software level). If something is screwed up, such as your issue with continual restarts, you can simply and easily return it to its original state through webOS Doctor. This program is offered from Palm (HP) for free and will return your phone to the state it was when you purchased it, except with the latest version of the OS. Simply go to the following site and follow the instructions as prompted:

http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

There are several other ways of achieving this, but I'm not sure if Sprint likes this information posted here even though it does not break any legal agreements. If you want further information, please visit:

http://www.precentral.net

Also note: when you run webOS Doctor, you will lose any saved states in games. Pictures, songs and anything accessible under the USB setting are not touched. Your contacts list, as well as calendar, will be restored once you reconnect with your Palm Profile.

Also, 1.4 is not the latest version of webOS available to the Pixi. Try updating to 1.4.5 first. If that does not fix your restart issues, then proceed with the Doctor. You are missing access to all sorts of amazing features by not running the current 1.4.5 patch, including access to many new 3D games, as well as many other great applications!

I hope this helped!

Journeyman

Thanks very much.  I might try the factory resent -- one more time - using the WebOS Doctor software.  If that fails, to stabilize it, I'm turning it in for a new one I guess.  My office mate had a Pre that surprisingly did the same thing and it turned out to be a hardware issue and he's had no problems since he got it replaced.  Thanks everyone!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat