ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email questions

Journeyman

Email questions

I have 3 email accounts set up on my Pre, my Yahoo, a Gmail and my main the RoadRunner account. My question is that my RoadRunner account wont sync deleted emails when I get home the emails I deleted while on the road are still present which can make for a big inbox sometimes. I have tried the sync deleted option in the account settings with no luck. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, is there a way to empty the trash folder? I only seem to be able to delete them one at a time.

Thanks,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Email questions

For what it's worth, yup, I have the same problem.  Which is too bad, because "deleting my e-mail" is one of the major tasks of the day.

Journeyman

I have my roadrunner account also on my pre and when I delete them, they are gone. Even on my home computer. I am not very techy, but maybe you can delete your account and start over? Sometimes redoing it may work, but I am certainly no expert. If I can help any other way, please let me know.

Darlene

Journeyman

Well I guess it wouldnt hurt to try deleting and set it up again

Journeyman

I also have three accounts defined (Yahoo, Gmail, Roadrunner).  The Yahoo and Gmail accounts seem to work just fine but my roadrunner account does not seem able to send mail.  In looking around it seems that RR blocks outgoing mail unless it originates from their network.  There seems to be some way to configure to use the smpt.sprintpcs.com to relay for you but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help hints, clues?  Thanks in advance.

Sprint Product Ambassador

m1kellyny wrote:

I also have three accounts defined (Yahoo, Gmail, Roadrunner).  The Yahoo and Gmail accounts seem to work just fine but my roadrunner account does not seem able to send mail.  In looking around it seems that RR blocks outgoing mail unless it originates from their network.  There seems to be some way to configure to use the smpt.sprintpcs.com to relay for you but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help hints, clues?  Thanks in advance.

For Roadrunner off-network email try this:

• Edit the account
  • Leave inbound the same
  • leave the outbound SMTP server the same
  • Change outbound server to use port 587
  • No encryption / SSL
  • userID and password the same as incoming mail (should autopopulate)

This has been widely reported to work.

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I just tried that and it didn't work for me.  I also have 3 RoadRunner accounts on my phone.  I was using gmail as the outbound server, but it irritates me that my gmail email address shows up when I send emails from one of my RoadRunner accounts.  Is there anything else we can do so send emails actually come from our RoadRunner accounts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I figured it out!  When using RoadRunner for the outgoing mail server, you have to turn Authentication ON and then enter your ENTIRE RoadRunner email address in the username field.  I ended up having to remove all 3 of my accounts and redoing them that way because just editing the outgoing server information didn't seem to work.  I hope that helps everyone!

Journeyman

I thought we finally had it with k8e's answer I tried what was explained and it worked to send a test message. I went to bed happy and when I woke up the next morning it wasnt working again.

OK I am completely confused... I just tried it again and its working. So, happy days are here again! LOL 

Message was edited by: Steve591968

Journeyman

Glad to hear I could help someone!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat