cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Mobile Hot Spot offered for Verizon Palm Pre....What about Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Free Mobile Hot Spot offered for Verizon Palm Pre....What about Sprint?

I just found out that free mobile hot spot is being offered from Verizon for the palm pre plus, anyone have any Idea is this will be the case for the palm pre for sprint....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

As I have mentioned in one of my own posts - All my previous smart phones had an app that was able to do that, and I just had to pay an additional $15 per month for "phone-as-modem"

Why is this not available for the non Windows Mobile phones? I ( as well as many others ) would gladly pay the $15 phone as modem fee to have this ability. Not everybody is expecting it for free, some just want the capability. So again, why can the Windows Mobile phones have phone-as-modem and the software, but not the other (but equally capable) smart phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

We were discussing this yesterday on one of the forums.  But after thinking about it I can't see how that would fit into Sprint's pricing.  When you buy a wireless broadband modem it costs $60 month for a data only (no voice) with a 5 gig limit.

The data plan with my phone is $70 month unlimited data.  If I were able to connect my phone to my laptop I'd have unlimited data with voice and other functions for $10 more than the 5gig plan.  I just don't see it happening.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat