cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view Email in Landscape Mode

Master

How to view Email in Landscape Mode

When in your mailbox listing view (i.e. the top of the email app), type in RocknRollHax. It helps if you hold down Shift+ the key for the capitalized letters instead of hitting them in sequence.

Hold Shift + R
ockn
Hold Shift + R
oll
Hold Shift + H
ax

The change stays till you through the card away.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: How to view Email in Landscape Mode

I have noticed a problem when doing this trick. Afterward, the Sprint menu on the "phone" screen now says "Palm" and there is no menu at all whent the screen is blank. Kinda weird. Not sure if it interferes with the function of the phone, but kinda scares me because it's obviously messed up something it's not supposed to. A simple restart (Orange-Sym-R) set everything back to normal.

Just beware when doing these little undocumented hacks. Not always a good idea.

Master

Hmm, I don't experience the issues you did. Are you meaning when you pull up the dialer it has palm instead of sprint in the top left corner? Also what do you mean by no menu when screen is blank?

Message Edited by Levi4u on 07-01-2009 11:09 AM

Journeyman

OK, I tried the hack again and everything is fine. Weird... maybe I completely lost phone signal coverage at that point. This must be what happens to the menus when you have no coverage at all.

Patron

Levi, Do you know why this is just a hack and why they do not make this a permanent change and how did you come across this? Also it appears to be a lot of "code hacks" on this phone, I wonder what else is out there......

Journeyman

A lot of these features are hidden simply because Palm didn't have enough time to completely debug or streamline the code before release, or maybe the feature isn't 100% functional as Palm intends. Most likely we'll see these unlocked in future updates.

As for where to find them... well there's a lot of other places on the web where people talk about the Pre than BAW. A google search of "palm pre forum" will help you find some of the most popular.

Message Edited by sweet greggo on 07-08-2009 08:18 AM

Journeyman

Anyone know who and how this hack was originally discovered?

Journeyman

wheres the mailbox listing view?

Master

It is the first screen when you open the email app.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat