cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't hear on my phone unless the speaker phone is turned on, it happens every so often and has happened all day today. Anyone one else had this problem???

Journeyman

I can't hear on my phone unless the speaker phone is turned on, it happens every so often and has happened all day today. Anyone one else had this problem???

I can't hear on my phone unless the speaker phone is turned on.  It is like the ear piece does not work.  Is anyone else having this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: I can't hear on my phone unless the speaker phone is turned on, it happens every so often and has happened all day today. Anyone one else had this problem???

I have the same exact problem, though I don't hear to well to begin with!

Journeyman

Re: I can't hear on my phone unless the speaker phone is turned on, it happens every so often and has happened all day today. Anyone one else had this problem???

I have the same problem. And if I touch the phone to my face, I may disconnect the call or end up on a conference call. The screen is very touchy.

Journeyman

I had that problem with my first Pre. I guess it came from that liquid that you have to apply when you add the invisishiled on to it. If liquid gets in the earpiece its bad news.

Journeyman

I had this problem also.. and i havent put any liquid for any invisi anything on my pre.  if you use the headset that came with the phone, thats usually what makes it happen, something about the trigger in the port isnt switching back to phone mode...hence only being able to hear it on speaker, and whenever you take it off you see the headphones symbol.. just by putting the headphones back in and removing it again, the pre can work again....frustrating...YES... altho i took a lil wd-40 and put a lil on the plug for the headset and plugged it in and out a few times.. since that its been working fine and i havent had any issues... and yes i still use my headset ,aybe thatll fix... i hope :\

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue earlier this week for about 3 days. Ultimately, after trouble shooting it myself I took it into the store (removed battery, soft restart, etc.). They replaced it then and there free after a 10 minute equipment and software check not determining the direct problem. "Whatever you did, you did it good" was all they had to say about my phone's problem.

Looking at the headphone jack problem, I probably had that same issue. I use the headphones often. Well if it happens again, I'll just keep this phone and do the headphone plug-in-unplug thing.

I just might also contact the Sprint store to help them with future cases.

Journeyman

Same thing happened to me today.  No sound when you hold the phone to your ear, but speaker phone , headset, and bluetooth all worked fine.  I checked the interactive tests in the Phone Info section, and every once in a while, it would respond, but definitely wasn't consistent and seemed buggy.  After restarting every which way including completely wiping my phone, I ended up in the sprint repair shop.  They told me that it seems "stuck" in headset mode, as if the Pre still thinks there's something plugged in the jack.  They suggested that this could be from me pulling the headset cable out too fast and too abruptly.  This made perfect sense because I plug the Pre in to my car's AUX wire every time I get in it, and many many times as I'm getting out, I've just grabbed and yanked the plug out pretty viciously and then thought "Hey, maybe I shouldn't be so rough"

So I should be getting a new Pre in the mail by Monday.  I'm going to be more careful with this one. 

Journeyman

I have had this exact problem all weekend. Was going to take the phone over to sprint today but decided to look here and see if anyone else was having the issue. You are right, pulling my headphones in and out about 3 times made it work for me. Is there anyone else that thinks this is absolutely ridiculous?!? And who can we notify of this issue, this seems like a big problem that palm and sprint need to create a fix for.

Journeyman

Just got caught up with the same problem...  While I was on the phone with the Sprint Service Rep (inept) I

happened across this site via sprint.com.

I am on the phone and she is telling me to go into a service center since there is "NO fix" available over

the phone.

I did just as others have in this post; and what do you know?? fixed it..  Plug and unplug a few times was

the fixed for me..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat