ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate how SPRINT has taken out ROAM ONLY as a network choice.

Journeyman

I hate how SPRINT has taken out ROAM ONLY as a network choice.

For those of us that happen to live on the borders of a sprint network, and the sprint signal is up and down all day long, it totally kills me that Sprint thinks of them self instead of the customer.  Sprint I guess needs to save as much money as they can, and make it so we don't have the choice to roam if we want to when we PAY FOR IT ANYWAY. there are many places in the US that the ONLY way I can make a call is to set the phone to ROAM ONLY on the network, and they took that away from the palm pre, So now at times I have to drive 50 miles just to get a strong enough sprint signal.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: I hate how SPRINT has taken out ROAM ONLY as a network choice.

It was not Sprint that didn't put the option for Roam only on the Pre it was Palm. I am happy to inform you that when update 1.2 is released there is strong evidence that you will have the option for Roam only.

Journeyman

1.2 is up and I still can't roam with data...

Highlighted
Journeyman

See this page if you know how to "tweak" your phone - http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Roam_Control.

Journeyman

Dennyd wrote:

It was not Sprint that didn't put the option for Roam only on the Pre it was Palm. I am happy to inform you that when update 1.2 is released there is strong evidence that you will have the option for Roam only.

Umm... yea.... NO!

Palm didn't go thru every phone in Sprint's lineup and remove the roam only option from all those phones.  That was definitely Sprint's decision, and probly a decent one.  No firmware on any handset released in the past half a year or so and on forward will have the roam only option.  Has nothing to do with Palm.  And yes, as someone else pointed out... there is a workaround if you've got the skillz.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat