ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've just switched from the instinct to the palm pre. In doing so I've lost every one of my over 300 contact #'s along with my mobile sync address book. Any ideas?

Journeyman

I've just switched from the instinct to the palm pre. In doing so I've lost every one of my over 300 contact #'s along with my mobile sync address book. Any ideas?

My entire address book - over 300 numbers are gone. Anyone know how to get them back?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: I've just switched from the instinct to the palm pre. In doing so I've lost every one of my over 300 contact #'s along with my mobile sync address book. Any ideas?

It is a mess trying to keep/transfer your contacts when switching from a Instinct to the Pre,

Sign on to your online account and "Re-Activate" your Instinct,

Once you do that you will have access to your "Sprint Mobile Sync" page again,

Go there and "export" your contacts as a .csv file to your PC.

Then "Re-Activate" your Pre.

On your Pre in the contacts app add your gmail account and it will sync your contacts over.

Master

Re: I've just switched from the instinct to the palm pre. In doing so I've lost every one of my over 300 contact #'s along with my mobile sync address book. Any ideas?

If the contacts are still available on the Instinct itself, you can also go into a store and have them transfer your contacts over as well. If you want them syncing with Google then make sure you setup the Google profile on the Pre before taking it in, otherwise it will save with the Palm Profile instead. The Palm Profile cannot be read or edited online at the moment, no idea if Palm will add that in the future; so I always suggest syncing with Google instead.

Journeyman

...or if you still have the phone, but did not erase the contacts from it, you can use the desktop manager on the cd that came witih the Instinct to export your contacts and then import them into Gmail (I only put Gmail b/c it was the easiest for me).

Journeyman

I had the Instinct s30 when I switched to the palm...and I just simply took my phone to the sprint store and they were able to put transfer the numbers to my palm by using the connecting adapter they had in the store...It was easy and it doesn;t long at all!! Maybe they can help you to?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat