cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Sprint to know why I left them!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want Sprint to know why I left them!?

Got the Palm Pre a year ago last summer when it first came out.  It's now 15 months later and I'm on my FOURTH Pre. Aside from the dropped calls (several a day!), the fact my email accounts are not updated without a restart (couple of times a day), I was enjoying having a smart phone.  The Pre apparently is defective (every time I've been at a repair store the staff always comments how often the Pre has to be repaired), and now, after getting my fourth (and final) Pre, I have moved to another wireless company.  Sprint has a great everything plan, but if the service sucks, and the customer service sucks (via telephone anyway), the cost isn't worth it.  I'm done wasting my lunch time at a Sprint store, every 3-4 months and being on the phone with them and repeating, and repeating, my problem with every Tom, Dick & Harry in whatever dept they send me to.  It's gotten old.

Screen locked up, phone spazzes when you put the ringer on lock, etc., etc. Each time Sprint would only give me another Pre, and refurbished at that.  Got my fourth Pre 2 days ago:  same issues with the phone, except worse.  Customer service refused to give me a different model, and believe me, I asked for one. Of course, I was due for an upgrade, but I refuse to spend another (at least) $150 for a phone - heck, the same problem could happen again and I think they should address the money I initially paid for the Pre (&  have been told the Pre's been discontinued, go figure).  Anyway, I'm sure they'll hit me for their cancellation fee which I plan to contest.  Sprint didn't keep their end of the contract, I should've left years ago.  Again, Sprint:  Your customer service is the absolute PITS!

Message was edited by: drspooner1

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: I want Sprint to know why I left them!?

I'm on my 7th Pre.  Most of the time, it was simple issues I could have fixed myself but didn't know it at the time.  www.precentral.net is the most amazing thing to ever happen to the webOS community, mostly because they ARE the webOS community.  They've helped me through any other issues I've had plus I now have it hacked and overclocked, running at 1ghz with virtual ram swapping.  I would never leave Palm because webOS is the best mobile operating system, hands down.  Also, I have never had a dropped call on Sprint.  It must be the area I live in has better Sprint coverage than yours.  Different carriers have better service in different areas.  Palm is about to release their next device and coupled with webOS 2.0, it's going to be the best handset on the market.  It's time to come back to the good side, buddy :]

Journeyman

Re: I want Sprint to know why I left them!?

if you want a real piece of crap, get a samsung moment.  i bought a used pre off ebay, and i'm lovin having a pre.  android is awesome, but the moment was, and is a waste of plastic.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat