cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im A New Pixi Owner & I Need Info , Please Help !

Highlighted

Im A New Pixi Owner & I Need Info , Please Help !

Hey , Im going to get my new palm pixi in the mail tomorrow. I really like the style of the pixi better then the pre. (im aware that the pre has a few better perks than the pixi) I fell in love with the webOS features & activity cards & such. I Just wanted some info on how other pixi owners feel about the phone. and if there is any first hand info i need to know that any pixi owner can tell me about , so when i get the phone i can go ahead and fix right away. (such as mms messages , web upgrades , apps etc.) i would also like to know about free apps for the pfone. ANY info on this phone is appreciated.

Im Really Excited To Be Recieving My New Phone , I Would Really Appreciate A Reply !

Thanks ! (:

Message was edited by: LeiLani-Monique

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Re: Im A New Pixi Owner & I Need Info , Please Help !

Had my Pixi for about a month and i LOVE it!  the first thing that i would tell you is to keep the screen protector on... while i haven't scratched my screen yet, i foolishly took it off because the tab was interfering with the case that i had purchased for it - i should have just clipped the tabby thing off and left it where it was, oh well you live and learn.

If you are looking for applications the Palm app catalog is a wonderful place to look, i have become addicted to checking out all of the free applications on there... i've found looking through the what's new or hottest apps is a little easier for me to find things instead of trying to find things through the categories.  As far as applications go, i REALLY like the Backgrounds (by Stylem Media) application that they have offer for free... so that it would be easier for you to find i looked it up in under categories and its listed under entertainment.  To find it hit all and then alphabetize and go to Backgrounds and download.  This application is a great way to personalize your Pixi, they have seemingly limitless backgrounds (look under popular or recent for the most because they seemingly haven't all been categorized yet) and best of all its free!

A great time waster is the game Critical Mass (by Alex Haefner) its really a silly little app but its pretty and addicting as well

Lastly Bubbles! free (by tesequencing.com) kinda reminds me a bit of tetris and has become another application that i have enjoyed.

Best of all these are all free which is great -- try them out and if you don't like them delete them!

Hope you enjoy your pixi as much as i have enjoyed mine!

Journeyman

Also, the more i've "played with it" the more i learn about it... i found features just this weekend that i didn't know it could do.  So keep experimenting with it and enjoy!

Message was edited by: nygiantgal

Journeyman

I personally do not like this phone at all.  Having so many issues with this and the tech people could not help.  They keep on saying we will call you back today to get this resolved.  They have been saying that for the past 2 days and no phone calls.  I have recieved this phone on monday and I want to return this phone and cancel that service agreement I made.  This is not good.  Dont get me started on the phone issues with my blackberry. lol.

Journeyman

Imgjohn, sorry to read that you haven't had as good an experience with your Pixi.  The first week i had mine i was on the phone everyday trying to get everything straightened out but when i took the possessed Pixi into the Sprint store they replaced it and now i am not having any issues at all.  Maybe if you go into a Sprint store and talk with a rep about all of the issues you are having they will be able to swap it out for one that isn't in need of a priest... the rep seemed to think it was incorrectly programmed.  The first week of talking with technical support made me realize that there are many different ways of going about fixing a Pixi but now that they've switched it out my Pixi has been trouble free.

Journeyman

palm pixi is the best phone I have ever owned. I love it.

Journeyman

I love my Pixi!  First off, do the update.  There's an Update app preinstalled.  Like a previous poster said, the APP store is great.  I always search the hottest/new apps.  There are many useful apps and some that are pretty useless but fun anyway.  You may also check the following sites for more info:

www.everythingpre.com  (The include Pixi info here despite the name)  www.zedge.com for free ringtones, and houseofpalm.com.

I had a problem the 2nd week of having the phone, but Sprint quickly replaced the phone and ever since I've had no problems at all.

Enjoy your Pixi!

Journeyman

hey ma that is a really good phone but one problem battery life suck. but really good phone

Journeyman

Hey everyone...i just received this phone and i have had an issue with it dropping phone calls...not just some calls, but all calls. Has anyone had this problem? Going to Sprint tomorrow to see if they can fix the issue!

Journeyman

I have to tell you, I've had this phone since March, and I don't really like it. There's nothing special about it. The sprint service is great, but the quality of this phone is surprisingly low. The Apps SUCK, many glitches such as the camera (no zoom), 2mp camera (nothing special), and small screen. The only TWO things I like about this phone is the multitasking and the keyboard. I would not recommend this phone to anyone though. I don't think I'll be getting another palm and I hope to upgrade soon.

Well, seeing that this forum was posted a while ago, tell me how you like your palm? Any problems so far?

Journeyman

I have to tell you, I've had this phone since March, and I don't really like it. There's nothing special about it. The sprint service is great, but the quality of this phone is surprisingly low. The Apps SUCK, many glitches such as the camera (no zoom), 2mp camera (nothing special), and small screen. The only TWO things I like about this phone is the multitasking and the keyboard. I would not recommend this phone to anyone though. I don't think I'll be getting another palm and I hope to upgrade soon.

Well, seeing that this forum was posted a while ago, tell me how you like your palm? Any problems so far?

Journeyman

I'm not very happy with my Pixi right now.  I loved it when I got it a couple of months ago, but the outside rubber piece is already falling off, and my screen keeps going black in the middle of apps and calls.  To top it all off, my Airave just up and went dead last night, so now I have NO signal in my house.  I have always liked Sprint's customer service, but to be perfectly honest I'm not having any luck with signal where I live no matter which phone I try, but my friends on other carriers have no problems.  Any ideas?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat