cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Messenger Won't sign in

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instant Messenger Won't sign in

Has anyone else had issues with using the instant messenger on the palm pre?  I have a Yahoo IM account and a Google IM account and I can not geteither of them to work.  I put in my account information and choose login and that is as far as I get.  it never goes anywhere.  If I close the application and go back in I can tell it to sign in and it does, but I can never change my status or IM anyone.  Palm's solution was to do the partial erase and restore and that didn't do anything.  I have never been able to get it working.  Any ideas?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Instant Messenger Won't sign in

i'm having the same issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

same issue here also.

Journeyman

Sign into Yahoo Calendar on a computer and it will ask you to update to the new calendar, do it.  You should be able to log into YahooIM on your phone after this, this worked for me.

If a week or so later it wont let you sign in again, sign into any yahoo web page & sign out.  You may want to adjust the setting on yahoo that logs you out after inactivity & set it as long as possible.

Also, remember that unlike AIM, Yahoo IM only allows you to be logged into one place at a time.  So if you log into your home computer, you'll get singed off of the phone.

Hope this helps.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat