cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to sync photos to the Pre via iTunes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to sync photos to the Pre via iTunes?

I would like to use iTunes to sync music and photos to the Pre.  I can get iTunes to sync the music.  I can get it to say it's sync'd my photos from iPhoto.  I can play the music on the Pre, but I cannot find and display the photos on the Pre.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Is it possible to sync photos to the Pre via iTunes?

Yes, with the pre hooked up to itunes tap the pre icon, then go over and choose the picture tab and towards the bottom there is a box, "Include Hi-Resolution Pictures"  check it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you.  I'll try as you suggest when I get home from work.  I didn't check the "high resolution" box because I thought I could save some storage space on the Pre if iTunes sent over the "formatted for iPod" versions of the photos.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Levi is correct.  If you don't check that box, they don't copy.  No idea why.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

That works much better.

It's not a complete solution.  Only 8 of 10 photos in my test album were sync'd properly.  The other two produced an error message in iTunes stating they were not transferred to the Pre because the "iPod" could not display them.  That's interesting because the two photos that wouldn't copy over were taken by the same camera, with the same basic settings, as the other eight.  In addition, when I emailed the photos, the Pre could download and display them.  The photos could also be displayed when I copied them to the Pre when it was set up as a "USB device".

Any ideas why these two would not sync?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat