cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an application out there that will allow use of a spreadsheet?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there an application out there that will allow use of a spreadsheet?

I was using the document viewer on my Motorola Q9C but when I went to what appeared to be the same application here it opens the file but you can't change any of the entries. Just a viewer. Pretty worthless. I bid jobs with my phone. Any of the older Palm apps work here or is there anything anyone knows about that I need to know about?

These are just miniature Excel files for the most part. PPC-6700 and the Q I had both had no problems...

Thanks.. Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been using Google Docs, and it's working fine.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

DataViz, the company that makes DocView will soon be releasing DocsToGo. That app will allow full editing of Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.

Message Edited by Blubble on 06-13-2009 01:27 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon offers the Samsung Omnia that runs Windows Mobile 6.1 and comes with the Mobile Office Suite.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what? You have to put up with the AWFUL Windows Mobile and a junky resistive touchscreen. Keep it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bubble... I went to the Dataviz site and saw no information on the forthcoming product. Do you have a source for the information? There's not even a "contact us" link on their site. I presume the Pre's OS being Linux makes it different then previous Palm OS's.

Any information or links would be great.

Thanks again... Gary

Highlighted
Journeyman

It should be released in the next few months. If I recall correctly, when you view a doc in the DocView app, there is an option in the menu to sign up for a release notification.

Message Edited by Blubble on 06-13-2009 01:44 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Mobile Office is needed then one should consider using a Windows Mobile phone. After all the original poster previously used a Windows Mobile phone. Why doesn't Sprint have more such offering rather than pinning their hopes on the Palm Pre especially, when Sprint will no longer have exclusivity by year's end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went in there. Not actually sure how I got the menu to come up. Maybe you can tell me exactly what I finally did right to make it happen. I seemed to tap and swipe down from the upper left.

I didn't find a link. Just instructions to update to Documents to Go from Dataviz.

I can't contact them so until their website actually mentions the Palm Pre I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks though...

Gary

Highlighted
Journeyman

Markew... Why are you on a Palm Pre discussion forum touting the Windows machines. I had a Motorola Q9cthatwas my 9th one in 16 months and Sprint had to give me one more when I actually cracked the screen myself this time so I'd wait 2 more weeks for the Pre and not go try another carriers offerings. The only thing Windows Mobile machines are lacking is a Ctrl Alt Del key combination to reboot it as it needs that at least once a day to keep itself from locking up. I actually liked the PPC-6700 a lot for a Windows machine but it was a much better computer and all but worthless as a business phone.

Thanks... Gary

Highlighted
Master

There will be Docs To Go available for the Pre soon (Link to Dataviz site), but at the moment it is only document viewing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was posting in response to an inquiry about Windows documents. Aren't the shortcomings of the Pre ascomparedtootherphonesavalid topic on this forum? When I choose a phone (an automobile, or any consumer item) I consider how I'm going to use it, and generally I don't buy the 1st year model. I let others rush to purchase and uncover the problems which I then read about in Consumer Reports or CNET.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's up to you when you buy. I would throw the Q out the window if I didn't need it to ring and was about to move on. You came on and told me to go buy a Windows machine if I wanted the application. I don't think you get it. I won't have another one until I read in Consumer Reports that Microsoft finally got it. I'll try anything except their latest try.

And if you wait a year in this field you will most likely find out the phone that did the best is about to be discontinued.

In fact I'll go out on a limb here. I'm betting that plug in, standardized to some degree, add on roll or fold out screens and keyboards will become the norm in the next 2 to 3 years. I haven't heard anything but my old Palm pilot sure had the fold out keyboard and screen technology is already there. These phones will be extinct and you'll be about to buy the one that did the best... 🙂

Gary

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat