cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love my Palm Pre hate the NASCAR ap

Journeyman

Love my Palm Pre hate the NASCAR ap

Seriously it bothers me to see the Nascar ap taking valuable real estate on my beautiful Palm Pre. I want a way to delete this application. I mean I know that Sprint is a sponsor for Nascar (yeah thats nice who cares) I dont need it shoved down on my phone though.

Lisbeth

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Love my Palm Pre hate the NASCAR ap

Apparently you can't delete the app, but you can drag the icon to the bottom of the list to keep it off the main screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hang in there Lisbeth, there seems to be an unoffical way to get rid of it. Its rather complicatedand risky if youre nottechnically inclined. Even then you could run the risk of bricking your pre and having to restore it (and having to resync to get all your data back)

http://predev.wikidot.com/hide-delete-the-nascar-app

There will probably be an easier way to get rid of it later. Right now it appears the nacar app is the designated test subject for the mad scientists.

- J

Journeyman

You know I would totally try but I am a n00b and I wouldnt want to brick my Palm but if I knew someone coudl do it for me I would totally hand it over. I hate how carriers stuff crap into phones what I find weird is that this is an easy fix for those who are interested in the ap they cand download and for the rest of we get space for an ap we would like. Happiness for all!!!!! With an easy fix!!

Journeyman

AMEN!!! I agree. Need to be able to delete this junk app.

Journeyman

I agree with you.  Hey Sprint! Why won't you let us uninstall NASCAR and NFL?  Is it not enough that my tax dollars get used to build stadiums so rich football players can have their little playgrounds to traipse around on?

Journeyman

Oh how very true!!  I'd also like to get rid of some of these apps that I will never use.

Journeyman

Totally agree.  Shame on you Sprint.  This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Journeyman

I got tired of waiting for Sprint to allow me to remove these apps so I found a way to remove them without their help.

Message was edited by: dustinsherrill

Journeyman

I certainly wouldn't consider an irremovable app acceptable on a computer... and I don't find it acceptable on my phone (which is sort of a convergent computer device).  PC makers get kickbacks for pre-installing tons of trial-ware on new machines.  The difference there is I can remove it.  If they want to pre-install promotional apps on a Pré, I can live with that... but we should have the option to remove them.  These apps amount to nothing more than permanent advertisements.  Granted, I want Sprint to get as much money as they can (from various ventures... not just fees from users).  I really want them to remain a viable player in the market.  For the most part... people who want these apps will use them... and people that don't want them will never use them.  I have totally no interest in either.... seeing them there isn't going to suddenly make me interested in NASCAR or the NFL... it's just a nuisance.  If anything... the fact that I'm forced to see them all the time will probably just make me resent them everytime I see NASCAR or NFL logos in my day to day.

Journeyman

I must agree, I could give one crap about nascar. Having an app that i will never use but am stuck with taking up space that could otherwise be used seems $h!..y. So who has figured out how to remove it without bricking the phone?

Journeyman

I have owned my Palm Pre for less than 12 hours and am already unhappy over this.   We shall see.  I wish I could put slide shows, my blog, or pictures of my dog on the CEOs desktops (Sprint, Palm, NASCAR or NFL, take your pick) and not allow them to remove it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat