cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAJOR BUG Introduced with 1.4

Master

MAJOR BUG Introduced with 1.4

I have been having a major phone issue since upgrading to 1.4, MOST ALL CALLS GO DIRECTLY TO VOICEMAIL! It is happening daily, I attached a screen shot of another phone on my account where they tried to call and got sent straight to voicemail, But the call log for my phone does not show the calls recieved. It is starting to use up more minutes on our plan since getting sent to voicemail counts against the minutes. On this day it took 11 trys before my phone rang once. We never had this problem before I upgraded to 1.4.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: MAJOR BUG Introduced with 1.4

I'll report this to our device team. Do you have a pre? Have you tried to troubleshoot?

Master

Journeyman

I am also having trouble with my pre. It gives me the to many cards open when i only have one open and even if there is no card open. Do you think is my phone that have the issue or is it webos all over?

Journeyman

Levi4u wrote:

Yes, Palm Pre WEBOS 1.4, It is being reported all over,

http://forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/234678-help-phone-wont-ring-notify-you-after-1-4-a.h...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/general-webos-chat/234678-help-phone-wont-ring-notify-you-after-1-...

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2294733&posted=1#post2294733

In essence, what was discovered is that the Phone and Messaging apps are being terminated somehow.

Levi, if you haven't already, can you contact your local sprint retail store and let them know what you are experiencing, thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is why it is pointless that Sprint keeps and tests these updates for so long. Whoever is testing these updates are not using the updates on their primary useage device. If they were, stuff like this wouldnt happen. Give me the update, I will test it and we can have a disgusting 20+ page report on my findings after a week.

Mine is having the same issue.

Journeyman

Wireless.O.G. wrote:

This is why it is pointless that Sprint keeps and tests these updates for so long. Whoever is testing these updates are not using the updates on their primary useage device. If they were, stuff like this wouldnt happen. Give me the update, I will test it and we can have a disgusting 20+ page report on my findings after a week.

Mine is having the same issue.

Some have said that these software glitches are all part of the "new reality" of making complex cell phones in large volumes. With that being said, a couple of bugs have been reported.

1. The device does not audibly ring when called: This has been identified by Palm as a problem when customers update from 1.2.9 to 1.4 directly, skipping updates inbetween. A WebOS Doctor reflash will address the problem. Not sure when the fix is coming, but Palm is aware so we should get something in the next update
  2. Device does not indicate a call has come in: this has been reported as well, and Palm is investigating this bug.

Journeyman

Trust me I didn't skip an update, I am not the type of person to patiently wait around for updates and I got every Palm update on release day. Including the first update that came out on June 6th when I got my phone.

Journeyman

My phone goes offline constantly since I have updated it to 1.4. Also I'm not having network connection and the signal strength is bouncing around from offline to full bars...it is driving me crazy.

Wizard

wow, Levi, that's a bad one.

My wife's Pre isn't having that issue that she knows of.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat