cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pre gets Hot after I used it for a while....

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Pre gets Hot after I used it for a while....

Does everyone's phone get really Hot after your using it for a couple of minutes? It get hot on the back, where the battery is at. And i mean it gets HOT to the point that it burns if you touch it for a couple of seconds. Is it suppose to do that or did i get a bad one? Please let me know

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My Pre gets Hot after I used it for a while....

If I recall correctly, that was one of the first flaws they had mentioned about the Pre.  I noticed it right away when I first got mine because I was constantly playing with it to figure everything out.  For me, it gets hot whether talking on the phone for awhile or surfing the net.  Seems to not matter what you're doing, as long as the phone is in use one way or another, it gets hot.  I don't know if any kind of update can fix that issue, but it would be nice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my pre. When II was figuring out all the fuctions and setting up apps, number, etc. it got extremely hot.  Do you think its the batteries?  I bought it at Best Buy and have 30 days to return.  I love the phone but the heat scares me.  It gets really hot.  I have a cover protecting it, I wonder if thats making it get even hotter.  I think I may go back and exchange for another or maybe get the Hero..

Journeyman

I honestly think that's something that happens to EVERY Pre, so exchanging it won't make it go away.  I believe there is an explanation in the "Tom's Journey through Prelandia" forum string on this site.  It sounds like there's a chip that's causing the heat, but it's because it does a lot of the work.  It hasn't seemed to be a problem for anyone yet....no one's phone has blown up or stopped working because of it.  But it's up to you what you ultimately want to do with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You may be right..Thanks for your reply!

Highlighted
Journeyman

No problem!  I hope it helps!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat