cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My palm pre keeps prompting me to "turn off, air plane mode, cancel" I cannot do anything on the phone without constantly selecting cancel to continue!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My palm pre keeps prompting me to "turn off, air plane mode, cancel" I cannot do anything on the phone without constantly selecting cancel to continue!

This is my 2nd palm pre in less then 2 weeks! I have used PALM phones in the past and really liked them so of course when the Pre came out it sounded like a good thing! Well the first phone turned itself off more then 5 times a hour, and to turn back on of course takes forever! Now this phone pops up the box with " Turn off, Airplane Mode, Cancel" about every 5 minutes, the screen flashes off and on which uses battery power! I am now rethinking this purchase! I really want to use this phone because it does have a lot of features I like. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I have been into the store but it is as though they only want to prove it is not their issue! I understand they get yelled at all day for things beyond their control, but when I pay around $400 for a phone I do expect it to at the very least WORK!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: My palm pre keeps prompting me to "turn off, air plane mode, cancel" I cannot do anything on the phone without constantly selecting cancel to continue!

I am sorry to hear of your problem.  I am a proud owner of the Pre... It has taken some adjusting to the changes but I absolutely love it.

As for your issue.  That is not normal behavior.  Sounds like you have a defective phone.  There are some tests you can run and send the results to Sprint for further analysis.  Using your Application Launcher, go to "Device Info"  scroll down to the bottom and select "More Info"  now in the upper left corner you have a Preferences drop down.  Touch it, and select interactive tests.  I would run the Touch sensors and screen tests to see if it diagnosis the problem.

You can also do a reboot of your pre and see if this clears it.  Being it is a mini computer sometimes a hard reboot is just what it needs to sync back up.  You can do this by holding your power button down, select power off.  Then I would remove the battery, re-seat it carefully, and power it back up.  See if this helps.

Sorry the store could not help you.  If you were in Kansas I can recommend a top notice retailer with in house hardware support at 119th and Strange Line in Overland Park.  Or try another store -- you don't have to go to the one you purchased from.  Hope this helps.

Master

Re: My palm pre keeps prompting me to "turn off, air plane mode, cancel" I cannot do anything on the phone without constantly selecting cancel to continue!

QUOTE;

You can also do a reboot of your pre and see if this clears it.  Being it is a mini computer sometimes a hard reboot is just what it needs to sync back up.  You can do this by holding your power button down, select power off.  Then I would remove the battery, re-seat it carefully, and power it back up.  See if this helps.

FYI;

Palm has said "Not to remove the battery" to reset/reboot the Palm Pre. The proper way is to hold the "Power" button and switch the "Mute" button on and off three times.

Wizard

Sounds like the power button (upper right corner) may be stuck down for some reason. As that is the menu that pops up if you hold down the power button.

Journeyman

Mine has been doing the same thing. But the power button does not appear to be stuck down or anything. I did the test like someone suggested. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it continues. Mine only does it occasionally, but sometimes every 5 minutes then it'll knock it off for a number of hours. Preeeeetty annoying.

Journeyman

I actually called PALM after no help from SPRINT and they sent me a new phone, issues resolved by PALM! The SPRINT tech told me I had spilled something on the phone which I knew I had not, the PALM tech confirmed it was a faulty phone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat